I'm having an issue with a repository at the moment, and though my Git-fu is usually good, I can't seem to solve this issue.
When I clone this repository, then cd into the repository, git status shows several files as changed. Note: I haven't opened the repository in any editor or anything.
I tried following this guide: http://help.github.com/dealing-with-lineendings/, but this didn't help at all with my issue.
I have tried git checkout -- . many times, but it seems not to do anything.
I'm on a Mac, and there are no submodules in the repository itself.
The filesystem is "Journaled HFS+" filesystem on the Mac and is not case-sensitive. The files are one-line and about 79 KB each (yes, you heard right), so looking at git diff isn't particularly helpful. I have heard about doing git config --global core.trustctime false which might help, which I will try when I get back to the computer with the repository on it.
I changed the details of the filesystem with facts! And I tried the git config --global core.trustctime false trick which didn't work very well.