Docker Toolbox is an installer and the fastest way to get up and running with Docker in development. Docker Toolbox provides the following tools required to get started with Docker:
- Docker Client docker binary
- Docker Machine docker-machine binary
- Docker Compose docker-compose binary
- Kitematic – Desktop GUI for Docker
- Docker Quickstart Terminal app
In case these tools Docker CLI, Machine, Compose, and other tools are installed in the /usr/local/bin directory then this would overwrite them.
Specifically, Docker Toolbox 1.8.0a installs:
- Docker Client 1.8.0
- Docker Machine 0.4.0
- Docker Compose 1.4.0
- Docker Quickstart Terminal App
- Kitematic 0.8.1
- Virtual 5.0.0
If you are interested to learn Docker from Industry experts, I recommend this Docker Training course by Intellipaat provides Instructor-led training, hands-on projects, and certification.
Also, watch this video on Docker: