In simple words, it is like owning a normal car Vs Ferrari. Normal SAP BW can run on any database like Oracle, DB2, etc. but SAP BW on HANA runs on HANA DB. HANA DB is faster compared to other DB because of its in-memory processing and HANA engine. HANA is not just about hardware but also a software, hence it is referred to as an appliance. The following are some of the advantages for migrating on SAP BW on HANA:
- In standard DSO data activation is faster improving the overall run time of the process chains
- No need of cube because Dimension tables are removed
- As we don’t have a cube, no need to maintain rollups, indexes, aggregates, and no more partitioning of cubes.
- And since we don’t have to do 3 and 4 developers save time
- Data footprint is reduced because of advanced compression techniques
- The overall complexity of the system is reduced
- Faster run time for the BEx queries
If you are interested in SAP BW/4HANA, then check out this SAP BW on HANA Training Course by Intellipaat.
Also, watch this video on SAP BW/4HANA: