The Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), developed using distributed file system design, is the primary data storage system used by Hadoop applications
Features of HDFS:
- It is mainly suitable for the distributed storage and data processing.
- Hadoop has a command interface to interact with HDFS.
- The built-in servers of the name node and data node allow the users to monitor the status of the cluster easily.
- Streaming access to file system data.
- HDFS provides file permissions and authentication.
If you are interested to learn Hadoop, I recommend this Hadoop Certification program by Intellipaat.
You can watch this video on HDFS to understand more: