Top Jaspersoft Interview Questions And Answers
Top Jaspersoft Interview Questions And Answers
Top Answers to Jaspersoft Interview Questions
|Ad hoc reporting||Web-based user defined reporting|
|Integrated solution||In-memory/OLAP analysis, dashboard, reporting, ETL and data integration tool combined into one.|
|Distinguishing features||Flexible, cost effective, end-to-end BI capabilities|
Pixel Perfect Reporting
- Highly formatted reports containing interactive charts, images, sub-reports, expressions, and more.
- Reports from any data source including JDBC, XML, CSV, Hibernate, POJO.
- Reports published in PDF, XML, HTML, CSV, DOC, ODT.
Ad Hoc Reporting
- Web-based, drag-and-drop report designer.
- Crosstabs, tables, and chart-based reports.
- Semantic layer against relational or non-relational data sources.
Advanced analytic functions
- Ability to analyze data across multiple attributes and time periods.
- Multidimensional Expression Language (MDX) support lets users run complex analytic queries.
- Addition of calculations at runtime or within the relational OLAP model.
Interactive user interface
- Intuitive web-based interface lets users drill down, drill across, drill up, filter, pivot, sort, and chart.
- Ability to use MS Excel as a front-end client to your OLAP environment.
- Granular security access down to the cell and column level.
Performance and scalability
- Sophisticated caching of data and dimensions reduces query latency.
- Relational database storage architecture.
- Aggregate-aware architecture simplifies setup and improves user response times.
Graphical design environment
- Business-oriented models for early design collaboration.
- Drag-and-drop process designer.
- Activity monitoring console tracks job execution and performance.
- Native connectivity to ERP and CRM applications such as Salesforce.com, SAP, and SugarCRM.
- Support for mainframe, transactional, and analytic databases.
- Connectivity to Hive for Hadoop environments.
- ELT connector support for Oracle, DB2, Postgres, IBM/Netezza, EMC/Greenplum, Teradata, and SAP/Sybase IQ.
- Merge, filter and rollback functions.
- ELT template jobs for re-use.
JasperReports is an open source Javareporting tool that can write to a variety of targets, such as: screen, a printer, intoPDF, HTML, Microsoft Excel, RTF, ODT, Comma-separated values or XML files.It can be used in Java-enabled applications, including Java EE or web applications, to generate dynamic content. It reads its instructions from an XML or .jasper file.Features of Jaspersoft Report:JasperReports is an open source reporting library that can be embedded into any Java application. Features include:
- Scriptlets may accompany the report definition, which the report definition can invoke at any point to perform additional processing. The scriptlet is built using Java, and has many hooks that can be invoked before or after stages of the report generation, such as Report, Page, Column or Group.
For users with more sophisticated report management requirements, reports designed for JasperReports can be easily imported into the JasperServer – the interactive report server.
JasperReports Server Community Edition is Jaspersoft’s free, open source reporting and analysis server, based on JasperReports Library, Mondrian, JPivot and Spring. It is licensed under the GPLv2. JasperReports Server Professional Edition is a commercially licensed reporting and analysis server based on JasperReports Server Community Edition. It is “visible” source – code comes with Professional Edition, but it is not free. The Professional Edition extensions beyond the Community Edition include:
- Interactive web based “ad hoc” report development and data exploration (AJAX) against any data source.
- End user query through the browser, based on “data domains” which include data level security. A web based domain designer is provided. JDBC only at this stage.
- In-memory data access and calculation engine to support ad hoc. Includes server management like query governing.
- Dashboards made up of multiple reports, images and external web content can be designed through the browser (AJAX).
- User profile based data level security for OLAP analysis, beyond simple roles.
- Performance tuning and management tools.
- Multi-tenant enabled to support “business intelligence as a service” for SaaS vendors and organizations that share JasperReports Server across customers or departments.
- Complete translations of the JasperReports Server user interface and documentation for English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese (Chinese coming soon)
- Out of the box support to allow JasperReports Server to run in a large variety of application servers and databases for the repository. JasperReports Server Community Edition and Professional Edition can connect to a wide variety of databases for reporting and analysis through JDBC.
Jaspersoft ETL is a complete and ready-to-run ETL job designer with an extensive set of data integration capabilities. It consistently and accurately extracts and transforms data from multiple systems and loads it into data stores optimized for reporting and analysis such as star or snowflake schema data marts and warehouses. And it easily keeps pace with the performance of other leading ETL tools. With JasperETL, database architects and operational data store administrators can:
- Use the business modeler to access a non-technical view of the information workflow.
- Display and edit the ETL process with Job Designer, a graphical editing tool.
- Define complex mappings and transformations with Transformation Mapper and other transformation components.
- Generate portable Perl or Java code that can be executed on any machine.
- Track ETL statistics from start to finish with real-time debugging.
- Allow simultaneous output from and input to multiple sources including flat files, XML files, databases, web services, POP and FTP servers with hundreds of available connectors.
- Configure heterogeneous data sources and complex file formats including positional, delimited, CSV, RegExp, XML, and LDIF with metadata wizards.
- Use the Activity Monitoring Console (AMC) to monitor job events (successes, failures, warnings, etc.), execution times, and data volumes.