Watch prince2 video tutorial Free
Prince2 Foundation Training Overview
- Prince2 Overview
- What is Prince2?
- What is project?
- “Business a Usual” vs. project
- What Prince2 does not provide?
- Key benefits of Prince2
- About the Exam
- To learn and consolidate our understanding of the Prince2 methodology and enable successful assessment on foundation certificate in Prince2.
- Prince2 is a de facto standard development and used extensively by the UK government and is widely recognized and used in the private sector, both in the UK and internationally. It embodies established and proven best practice in project management.
- training introduces you to processes, principles, themes and deliverables in Prince2.
- Prince2- Office of government commerce (OGC)
- Globally accepted
- Available in public domain
- Current release in 2009, currently no plans of updating
- 2 Certifications-Foundation and practitioner
What is Prince2?
- Projects IN a controlled environment
- Prince2 processes
- Pronce2 Principles
- Prince2 Themes
- Prince2 Deliverables
- Directing a project (DP)
- Starting up a project (SP)
- Initiating a project (IP)
- Controlling astage (CS)
- Managing project delivery (MP)
- Managing a stage boundary (SB)
- Closing a project (CP)
- Continued business justification
- Learn from experience
- Defined roles and responsibilities
- Manage by stages
- Manage by exception
- Focus on products
- Tailor to suite the Project environment
Prince 2 Themes
- Business case
- Progress/ controls
- Configuration Management
What is a project?
- A project is temporary endeavor that is unique with a definite start and an end time with a desired result.
- A project is not an ongoing operation/business as usual.
- Resources are assigned to achieve result and released for the next project assignment once the desired outcome is achieved.
- It has a scope-What it is to solve the business problem?
Business as usual vs. project
- Projects are used to introduce change
- Projects are temporary
- Projects are cross-functional
Often within an organization
Sometimes between organization
- Every project is unique
- Projects involve risk and uncertainty
What Prince2 does not provide?
- It doesn’t provide specialist aspects
It is generic
It can be used along side industry-specific or type-specific techniques
- Prince2 does not address detailed techniques
Generally specific detailed techniques for planning and control (e.g. earned value analysis or critical path analysis) are not included
Techniques that have specific Prince2 approach are covered
- Prince2 does not cover interpersonal skills such as leadership quality
Such skills are very important, but not included in Prince2
One reasons is that there is no “one size fits all” approach to interpersonal skills for managing projects
Key benefits for Prince2
- Established and proven best practice
- Can be applied to any type of project
- Widely organized and understood
- Explicitly recognizes responsibilities
- Focus on products
- Plans are designed to meet the needs of different levels of management
- Based on “management by exception”
- Participants focus on continuing viability-note the role of business case
- Thorough but economical structure of reports
- Stakeholders properly represented
- Promotes learning and continual improvement
- Consistency and reusability in project work
- Invaluable diagnostic tool
- Many accredited training and consultancy organizations worldwide
For further information’s please click on our videos