Project 1 : S/4 HANA Logistics for supply chain management
Industry : Manufacturing
Problem Statement – A major manufacturing company wants to streamline the supply chain management through the deployment of SAP S/4 HANA Logistics
Description : In this project you will learn how SAP S/4 HANA Logistics can be used for the various processes in the supply chain management like demand planning, procurement, logistics, inventory management, warehousing, purchase order tracking and purchase order approval. You will work with SAP S/4 HANA Simple Logistics, SAP Fiori app and other tools.
- SAP S/4 on-premise & in cloud
- Integrating S/4 HANA with Design Studio
- Creating Enterprise Crystal Reports.
Project 2 : Simplifying logistics process with S/4 HANA Logistics
Industry : Logistics
Problem Statement : An international logistics company wants to increase revenues by better managing the complete business process.
Description : This is a project that involves working with SAP S/4 HANA Logistics as applicable to the logistics domain. You will learn how the logistics company is able to deploy logistics document tracking, working with a pre-configured SAP HANA S/4 system, defining parameters without tables unlike other ERP systems and more.
- Improving on-time delivery of consignment
- Prioritizing material flow issues with visibility
- Real-time alerting on goods current status.
Project 3 : SAP Logistics Assignment
Problem Statement : Consider yourself as an SAP consultant to a major micro-chip manufacturer. Your company launched its new low-cost product in the global market. However, your company’s initial supply chain was not optimized to handle this cost reduction. You are supposed to come up with a solution that would reduce costs when it comes to supply chains. Your tasks include:
Tasks to be performed:
- Create a project in the SAP system to input relevant retail data. Data fields include:
- Order ID
- Transaction Details
- Associated Customer ID
- Order Release Cycle Time
- Inventory Level
- Reduce costs by:
- Reducing Inventory Level
- Reducing Order Release Time Cycle
Execute this assignment and check the results.
Make sure that the values you enter are in agreeable variance with their regular standard values.
Project 4 : Project-Oriented Procurement Assignment
Problem Statement : Consider yourself as an SAP consultant to a Private Mining Services company. Your company received a large contract to pipe-mine diamonds at a mine site. You are supposed to leverage the SAP Project System to come up with a solution that can effectively streamline the following sub-tasks of the contract.
Tasks to be performed
- Create a project in the SAP system based on mining requirements. Requirements are:
- Diamond Pickaxes
- Food and torches for miners
- Crafting table
- Shovels, swords, and armors
- To mine diamond in bulk, constellate individual workers into teams and assign specific tasks to them including,
- Mining engineers to assess the feasibility, safety, and productivity of mine locations.
- Laborers to load, clean up, move, among other basic activities.
- Geologists to explore ore bodies.
- Mechanical Engineers to design new machinery as per requirement.
- Environmental Engineers to ensure that all teams and the environment remain safe from mining wastes.
- Regular Drillers and Blast Hole Drillers to drill holes and get rock samples for investigation.
- Assign ‘materials’ to network activities and WBS in the project.
- Manage inventory, job execution, and job closeout.
Focus on the materials that are required for the project, including proppants (like sand), and chemicals. Depending on whether the material required for the project is a stock item or a non-stock item, either create reservations for stock items, or create purchase requisitions for non-stock items.
Project 5 : Materials Management Assignment
Problem Statement : Consider yourself as an SAP consultant to a Private Construction company. Considering the changes in security protocols exercised by Government, your company is required to replace its legacy construction inventory with government approved products. As a consultant, you are supposed to manage to come up with a software solution than can help manage this whole replacement process. Your solution should cover all phases of material management including purchasing, goods receiving, and inventory management.
Tasks to be performed : This is a project that involves working with SAP S/4 HANA Logistics as applicable to the logistics domain. You will learn how the logistics company is able to deploy logistics document tracking, working with a pre-configured SAP HANA S/4 system, defining parameters without tables unlike other ERP systems and more.
- Create a project in the SAP system to list down the inventory that is to be replaced. Include:
- Old Material ID
- Old Material Usability Index
- New Material ID
- New Material Usability Index
- Total No. of Materials that are to be replaced
- Purchase materials from vendors. Consider:
- Vendor ID
- Vendor Name
- Purchasing Price
- Check invoices and make sure that the right materials are purchased.
- Assign each new material to an old material and replace Existing ID with the new Material ID.
- List down all the replaced materials and maintain a record that can be used to track them.
Assume the Following.
Old Material Usability Index < 5According to Government Standards: New Material Usability Index should be more than equal to 5.