Creating objects and Tabs
Salesforce Objects are database tables which permit us to store data specific to organization.
It is of two types –
- Standard Objects: Standarad objects are that kind of objects which provided by salesforce.com. Such as users, contracts, report and dashboards etc.
- Custom Object: Custom objects are that kind of objects which created by us. It supplies information which is unique and essential to your organization. It is the heart of any application. It provides a structure for sharing data.
Properties of Custom objects –
- Custom fields
- Relationship to other object
- Page Layouts
- A custom user interface tab
Creating Salesforce Custom Object
- Follow this path – Setup – Build- Create – Objects– Click on new custom object button and enter label name, plural label and object name and also enter Record Name as data type.
- To create record name there are two types of data types.
- Auto Number
We have also a optional feature while creating objects-
Allow reports: If we verify this check box then only these objects are available to make reports.
Allow Activities: If we verify this check box then we are able to make activities on this object.
Track Field History: When we verify this check box then merely we are to track fields. We can track up to 20 fields for single object.
Now we have following deployment Status –
In development: If we verify this check box, then this object is still in development mode. This is not present for deployments.
Deployed: After selecting this check box then only it will be available for deployment.
The following options are available only when creating custom object first time.
- Add notes and attachments related list.
- Launch new custom tab wizard after saving this custom object.
After completing all the details press the save button.
If we does not select “Launch new custom tab wizard” from object creation page, then the object would save without tab appearance. According to this case firstly we have to make tab for this object. If we select this check box the object would save and tab would be created and appeared.
Tab is like a User interface to build records for object and to view the records in objects.
There are three types of Tabs in salesforce –
- Custom object Tab
- Web Tab
- Visualforce Tab
Follow this path to create Custom tabs –
- Go to Setup – Build – Create – Tab – then click on new tab and enter the details to complete the tab creation process.
Learn more about SalesForce Automation System in this insightful blog now!