Introduction to SAS
What is SAS?
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is integrated system that enables us to perform statistical analysis by altering, managing and retrieving data from a variety of sources to develop a software solution.
Importance of SAS:
It develop solution for enterprise wide business by performing:
- Data Entry, Retrieval and Management
- Report Creation and Graphics
- Statistical and Mathematical Analysis
- Forecasting, planning and Decision Support
- Research and Management
Looking for Top Jobs in Data Science ? This blog post gives you all the information you need!
Base SAS Software:
Base SAS is a programming language designed for data access, transformation and reporting. It’s core of SAS System and it includes
- SAS Procedures (commonly know as PROC)
- Data Step Language
- SAS Macros
- Output Delivery Systems (ODS)
- ODS Graphics
Learn more about SAS in this insightful blog now!
Components of SAS Language:
Basic component of SAS Language are:
- Data Step: To create or modify datasets
- PROC Step: To analyze and process the data in a SAS data set and to present the data in the form of a report
- SAS Statements: SAS program consists of SAS statements, it’s important characteristics are
- Begin with SAS Keyword
- End with semicolon;
Are you new to SAS? Need to install SAS on your Windows /Mac/Linux system; it’s quite easy now if you have Internet connection.
Click Here: http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition.html and follow the instructions
SAS provide SAS Studio for free which consists of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/IML, SAS/ETS and SAS/ACCESS
Here are some discussion forums for SAS:
We do have lot of communities in LinkedIn and Facebook.
SAS provide certification program for Programmers, Analytics, Data Management and Admin
For Programmers, below certifications are useful.