It is distributed according to functional application for businesses, artificial intelligence can be classified into following types:
1. Analytic AI gives probabilistic answers to business questions and supports for analysis-based decisions.
2. Functional AI performs advanced analysis that in turn triggers some requests or responses.
3. Interactive AI dialogs and convinces the need to know.
4. Text AI allows advanced analysis of any text form.
5. Visual AI turns videos and images into actionable insights.
To learn more about each AI type, as well as explore real-life examples, check this tutorial.
There are numerous applications of Artificial Intelligence and it can be classified under two heads- Type 1 & Type 2 based on its fundamental functions, applications, and its learning stages.
Type 1- Functionality
- Purely Reactive AI
- Limited Memory AI
- Theory of Mind AI
- Self-aware AI
Type 2- Learning Stages
- Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)/Narrow AI
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)/General AI
- Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)/ Super Intelligence
If you want to learn AI from scratch then follow this tutorial: