I am trying to use Microsoft Power Bi to connect to a PostgreSQL database.
When I go to Get Data it just says that the connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be used
- I have installed Microsoft Power Bi version: 2.47.4766.801 64-bit (June 2017).
- I have installed Npgsql 3.2.3.
- I have installed VS Studio 2017 Community and added the dll files to the assembly using the VS Studio command prompt.
- I have edited my machine.config file.
<add name="Npgsql Data Provider" invariant="Npgsql" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for PostgreSQL Server" type="Npgsql.NpgsqlFactory, Npgsql, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7"/>
- I am running Windows 10 so I already have .NET framework 4.5 installed. 6. I restart my PC, open up Power Bi and try to connect to Postgre again and I get the same message that the connector requires one or more additional components to be installed before it can be used.
The tracer log from my Power Bi can be found here:
How can I get this thing to work? It's driving me crazy! Thanks