Statistics is an important prerequisite for Data science. Data scientists use statistical knowledge to analyze and interpret the data and make inferences.
- Learn these concepts in the same order to learn statistics for Data Science:
- Measures of central tendency like mean, median, mode
- Measures of variance like range, IQR, Standard deviation
- Probability Distributions like Uniform, Normal, Poison distributions
- Hypothesis testing like Z-test, T-test, Chi-Square Test
- Dimensionality reductions
- Sampling techniques
- Bayesian Statistics
These statistical concepts are important to learn for a data science. A lot of free online resources are available for these concepts.
You can watch this video to know how statistics are used in data science: