I am going to list all steps I took to be as complete as possible.
- First of all, I created a hosted TFS account and added a
New Team Project + Git
- I then had to create alternative login credentials since you cannot have an
@ symbol in your login info. To set up alternate creds in Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS), click on your name on the top right -> My Profile -> Credentials
- After enabling the alternative credentials open Xamarin Studio. In my case I had a solution that I wanted to add so I had my solution file open as well.
- Under the
Version Control menu item select
Publish (Only available with solution file open)
- Select the
Registered Repositiories tab and select
- Enter an appropriate name. Select
- Enter your hosted TFS URL ie.
- For port, enter
- The path will be:
/DefaultCollection/_git/ + project name (exactly as you typed it including spaces)
- User will be the alternative username you created in step 2. Click
OK on both open windows.
- You will be prompted to confirm publishing. Select
- You will then be prompted for your password. Enter you alternative password you created in step 2. If you accidentally enter the wrong password here, you must delete the entry from your key chain. Instructions can be found here
Your TFS + git integration with Xamarin Studio should be complete!