Tableau is a data visualization tool that enables you to create interactive and apt visualizations in the form of dashboards, worksheets to gain business insights for the better development of your company. It allows non-technical users to easily create customized dashboards that provide insight to a broad spectrum of information. With Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server, Tableau Mobile. We can do :
- Creating fabulous charts and dashboards tracking and reflecting the Key Performance Indicators such as DAU(daily active users) and weekly RPR(repeated purchase rate). These KPI basic can tell us what our products and operations performance is and help us to understand what is going on from the data perspective.
- Sharing our reports and dashboards with team members whoever has access to Tableau Server. With the help of Tableau Mobile, we can share and access data and insights anywhere anytime as needed it.
- Audience self-setting exploration on data in only a few clicks by using its interactive user interface. For example, the targeted audience can dive into further by just simply using customized filers. The filers can be set by location and by date and so on.
- Tableau is very user-friendly and doesn’t need any coding skills or pre-experience. It’s very handy and easy to learn. Just a few drops and clicks you can create very beautiful and informative charts and dashboards. Personally, I would say Tableau provides a more effective and creative way for statistics graphs making compared to use Python Matplotlib or R ggplot2.
- Tableau can be connected with more than 60 different data resource such as Mircosoft SQL server, Amazon Redshift, Spark SQL and Hadoop Hive Server. It’s very convenient to collect and input data for our data pipeline. Especially, we want to build real-time data tracking and analyzing system.
- Except for charts and dashboards, we can also build big screen data visualization in one or several TV screens installed on the wall. It’s a very useful way to share information and let every team members know what’s going on up to date.
- Tableau also can be conjointly used with Python to build advanced analytics applications. For example “TabPy” makes it possible to use Python scripts in Tableau calculated fields. When we pair Python’s machine-learning capabilities with the power of Tableau, we can rapidly develop advanced-analytics applications that can aid in various business tasks.
Above is only a few powerful features that Tableau can do, I’m sure there also so many features that I have know so far. So, welcome to correct me and very open to discuss and learn from each other.
You can find all the Tableau basics and features of Tableau that enable you to do some amazing things in this blog. Kindly go through the blog if you haven’t yet. I am pretty sure that you will find it quite useful.
You can refer to the https://intellipaat.com/tableau-training/ as it will help you in preparing for a career as Software Developer, BI Professional, System and IT Administrator. Most data Scientists appreciate the horsepower of Tableau Desktop paired with the Online or Server versions of the software. Also, you can take a look at this video too.