What is AWS?
First of all, what does AWS stand for? Obviously it is Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services is the world’s biggest cloud provider which is owned by Amazon. They provide a set of on-demand services to the customers via the internet or “The Cloud”. Also, you get a pay-as-you-go option where you need to only pay for what you use. AWS lets you work and run applications on the virtual machine like your own computer.
Watch this AWS Certification full course for Beginners video
To be very simple, AWS provides their services over the internet which is actually installed in their infrastructure.
Following is the list of all the topics we have discussed in this AWS Tutorial:
AWS cloud has 41% market share in the cloud industry. Azure is the next major cloud provider and it lacks behind with only 29% of the market. So, AWS leads way ahead.
AWS is the most popular cloud provider in the world and it is the most used in USA and India too.
So, what makes AWS so special? Let’s take a look.
Learn more about AWS in this insightful AWS blog!
AWS Well-Architected Framework
The Well-Architected Framework has been designed and developed in a way that it could help cloud architects build secure, reliable, high-performing, and efficient infrastructure for their applications. The 5 pillars of AWS is used to provide a consistent approach for customers and clients to design, evaluate, and implement prototypes that will work perfectly for them in the long-run.
Go through the AWS Course in London to get clear understanding of AWS.
5 pillars of AWS
While creating an infrastructure in AWS, you can never afford to miss these 5 points which we will be seeing now. These instructions are provided by AWS itself.
- Operational Excellence
- Performance Efficiency
- Cost Optimization
The pillar includes the ability to run and monitor systems to deliver amazing business value and to improve exponentially in supporting processes and procedures.
To achieve operational excellence, there are 6 design principles to follow and they are:
- Perform operations as code
- Annotate documentation
- Make frequent, small, reversible changes
- Refine operations procedures frequently
- Anticipate failure
- Learn from all operational failures
Learn more about AWS in this AWS training in New York to get ahead in your career!
Security pillar has the ability to secure and protect the data and applications stored in the cloud and also to provide business value by having contingency plans, risk assessments, and migration strategies.
If you have any doubts or Queries related to AWS, get it clarifies from AWS Experts on AWS Community.
To achieve a secure architecture in the cloud, follow these design principles:
- Implement a strong identity foundation
- Enable traceability
- Apply security at all layers
- Automate security best practices
- Protect data in transit and at rest
- Prepare for security events
Interested in learning AWS? Click here to learn more in this AWS Training in Sydney!
This pillar includes the ability of the system to recover from a service or infrastructure destruction. Also, how fast it recovers from it.
The principles provided are:
- Test recovery procedures
- Automatically recover from failure
- Scale horizontally to increase aggregate system availability
- Stop guessing capacity
- Manage change in automation
- Democratize advanced technologies
- Go global in minutes
- Use serverless architectures
- Experiment more often
- Mechanical sympathy
Become Master of AWS by going through this online AWS course in Toronto.
Minimizing the costs or avoiding them by getting rid of unwanted resources and cleverly designing an architecture which does cut costs.
The principles to be remembered are:
- Adopt a consumption model
- Measure overall efficiency
- Stop spending money on data centre operations
- Analyze and attribute expenditure
- Use managed services to reduce the cost of ownership
When building an AWS architecture remember all these key pillars to create an effective architecture.
Get certified from top AWS course in Singapore Now
Services provided by AWS
- Compute and Networking Services
- Amazon EC2 – Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a messaging service. Amazon Simple Email Service is a email sending service via cloud.
- Amazon VPC – Amazon VPC is one that provides an additional layer of security for all AWS services that you use.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk – AWS Elastic Beanstalk is a compute service which makes it easier for the developers to quickly deploy and manage applications which you upload to the AWS cloud.
- Amazon ELB – Load balancer is a service which uniformly distributes network traffic and workloads across multiple servers or cluster of servers.
- Storage and Content Delivery Services
- Amazon S3 – Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is a storage that can be maintained and accessed over the Internet.
- Amazon CloudFront – It is a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which delivers apps, videos, and other data in low latency to the customers.
- Security and Identity Services
- Amazon Cognito – Allows sign-in, sign-up and provides access to your mobile and web apps.
- AWS IAM – AWS Identity and Access Management enables you to manage access to AWS services and resources securely
- Database Services
- Amazon RDS – Amazon RDS is a service which provides database connectivity through the internet. RDS makes it very simple, easy and set up a relational database through the cloud.
- Amazon Redshift – Amazon Redshift is a data warehouse service which is fully managed by AWS.
- Amazon Aurora – AWS Aurora is a relational database engine which provides the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of an open source database combined with the power, performance, and reliability of a high-end commercial database.
Watch this AWS S3 video by Intellipaat:
- Analytics Services
- Amazon Kinesis – For real-time analytics, Amazon Kinesis makes it easy to collect, process and analyze streaming data such as IoT telemetry data, application logs, and website clickstreams.
- Amazon QuickSight – Fast, cloud-powered business analytics service, that that makes it easy to build stunning visualizations and rich dashboards that can be accessed from any browser or mobile device.
- Application Services
- Amazon SES – Amazon Simple Email Service is a email sending service via cloud. This is mainly developed for marketers and developers to send business and transactional emails.
- Amazon SNS – Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) is a messaging service. SNS is highly available, durable, secure, and fully management publisher/subscriber service.
- Management Tools
- AWS Management Console – AWS Management Console is basically a web application that allows users to access and manage any of the resources/services running on the AWS infrastructure.
- AWS CloudWatch – Amazon CloudWatch is AWS monitoring and management service which is designed for the purpose of maintaining the services and resources which are used.
The most used services are Compute, Storage and Security. Most of the businesses who opt for Cloud start with storage, that is migrating their data to the cloud.
Who uses AWS?
World’s biggest companies in their own domain use AWS for their cloud needs.
The number of active users of AWS exceeds 1,000,000. 10% of that users are Enterprise-scale users and the rest of it is covered by small and mid-sized companies.
The firms which have gone “all-in” that is removing their data centres and completely opting for AWS. Netflix went all-in in the year 2015, and they use a huge amount of resources from AWS. Hertz and Time incorporation are two other companies who went all-in.
Tata Motors and Wipro are the two of the biggest Indian MNCs to use AWS.
Learn Complete AWS at Hyderabad in 24 Hrs.
Why businesses prefer AWS?
It is mainly because of all the cloud computing advantages but what does AWS have that is better than other providers like Azure and GCP.
AWS started their cloud business in 2006 which was way before any other major company even thought of it. They have failed a lot and have gained experience from it, and right now they are the leaders because of it. They provide an overwhelming amount of services which can be used by many businesses to their advantage.
The Brand name they created by the success of Amazon.com is one of the main reason businesses trust AWS. Also, anybody could easily set up a profile and start with AWS.
Are you interested in learning AWS course in Bangalore from Experts?
Starting off with AWS
It is very simple to start off with AWS. There is no complex procedures to start. Let me give you the steps to easily create a AWS account and access the AWS management console.
Step 1: Create an AWS account by providing personal and credit/debit card details. INR 2 will be deducted to validate your card.
Step 2: Choose the plan you want. Basic, Developer, or Business plan. Basic is free for 12 months with limits. Developer costs 29$/month and Business costs 100$/month.
Step 3: Now you will get access to the AWS Mangement Console. You just have to learn how to use the services. For detailed information on Creating a account and the AWS Management Console click here.
Here ends this AWS Tutorial on Amazon Web Services. Wish to learn more? Check out Intellipaat’s AWS Course to get an in-depth understanding of Amazon Web Services!
Table of Content
Definition of Cloud computing
What is Cloud Computing?
AWS is one of vendors of cloud services, which is why is becomes imperative to have a clear understanding of cloud computing. Cloud Computing is generally referred to as 'Cloud'. Cloud delivers the resources and services on a virtual platform on-demand in a pay-as-you-go manner. These resources and services can be anything ranging from applications to data Read More
Advantages And Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
Pros and Cons of Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing is shaping how we live and work today. Like it or not, it has become an integral part of our lives. Companies and businesses of all shapes and sizes are now turning to cloud Computing. But nothing is perfect and Cloud Computing is no exception. While it is vastly beneficial, it also Read More
Global Infrastructure of AWS
AWS spreads its services around the world and has a million dynamic clients. The global infrastructure of AWS is broadening so that the clients or end users capable to get the result of higher throughput and lower latency and also to make sure that the client’s data remains in their desired space or region they specify. Read More
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) can be defined as the huge set of on-demand services provided to the customers on cloud with pay-as-you-go pricing method. Whether it is about configuring a server or running an application, AWS lets you execute your operations on cloud in a similar way as you would do on a physical computer. You can Read More
Security in AWS
Security is the most prior thing in AWS. The advantage of using the AWS service is that, you can reach the requirements of the most security-sensitive organization from data center and network architecture. If your desire is to maintain secure environments then clients can go to AWS cloud and also it permits clients to scale and innovate. Read More
AWS Compliance Overview
AWS makes clients to identify the vigorous controls in place with the aid of Cloud Compliance at AWS at data safety and sustain security in the cloud. The compliance responsibilities will get exchanged since the systems are created on top of AWS cloud infrastructure. Through tying mutually governance-targeted, audit-pleasant service characteristics with appropriate compliance or audit standards, Read More
Amazon Web Services Cloud Platform
AWS Cloud Platform
It is essential to have a wide variety of technologies, so that it is possible to develop, operate and manage our applications. The AWS comprises a several cloud services, they can be well suited to your business or to your organizational needs. The services can be extracted from the AWS management Console and Command Line Interface. Watch Read More
Amazon EC2: This is a web service, have a feature of resizable compute in the cloud. It makes easy for developers in the process of web-scale computing. This provides an interface and with that we can get configure capacity by minimum resistance. We will be able to hold the entire control on our own computing resources and also, Read More
Storage and Content Delivery
What is Amazon S3 Overview video [videothumb class="col-md-12" id="CvWoj1EBrTA" alt="What is Amazon S3 Overview" title="What is Amazon S3 Overview"] Amazon Web Services suggests a wide variety of services to reach the storage requirements. Key services Key concepts Usage scenarios Documentation Key services Key services Description Amazon S3 With this component one can retrieve the input data sets which Read More
Database management system in AWS
The developers offered a several database management services from AWS. The there are numerous options you can find to run, managed relational data and also managed NoSQL databases, or there is one more option to run the code on online platform in the cloud on Amazon EBS and Amazon EC2. Amazon RDS : A known web Read More
The networking services offered by AWS are immense. We can set up the internet route by joining IP addresses, setting up of the logical servers according to the transmission protocols. The networking services can be used on applications like: Key services Key concepts Architecture Documentation Want more? Here is an awesome AWS VPC video for your reference, which Read More
AWS Development Tools Overview
Applications of AWS are used by developer tools brilliantly. Tools used by the developers are as below: AWS Management Console : It manages the quickly growing Amazon architecture.It controls your calculation, storing and also some cloud based activities using a very simple graphical border. AWS Toolkit for Eclipse : It is a tool for using Java Read More
Popular management tools offered by AWS
In this chapter we will be discussing about the various management tools offered by AWS. Amazon CloudWatch It monitors the tune-ups used in the cloud and also other functions on the Amazon web services. It is used for metrics following controlling logging files and also keeping alerts. Instances, Database tables, metrics are all controlled Read More
Security And Identity
AWS Security and Identity Overview
The safety concern offered by this AWS enables us to have a safer data storage in the cloud network. Safety services of AWS include AWS Identity and Access Management which uses terms and conditions to allow the entry of the users into the AWS assets. Another safety measure is the AWS Directory Service which allows Read More
AWS Analytics Overview
The services provided by the analytical tools of AWS are as follows: The data are organized and controlled by the Amazon Elastic MapReduce with the assistance of the Hadoop technology sharing deals.This tool very simply sets up and manages the Hadoop framework. This tool controls the calculative assets and carries on the MapReduce process. The flowing of Read More
Internet Of Things
AWS Internet of things
The AWS IoT acts as the mediator between the components and the network. It hence, gathers information from those things and works on them. AWS IoT is defined as a platform which enables you to connect devices to AWS Services along with the other devices, secure data and interactions, process and act upon device data, and Read More
finds out ways to recognize sole users, recover provisional ,unimportant passwords and helps in information management operations. To initiate with Cognito, the steps are: Register in AWS. Get the token of your application. Develop an identity pool for Cognito. Develop SDK , accumulate and then synchronize the information. Learn more about AWS in this insightful AWS Read More
AWS Cheat Sheet
AWS Quick Reference Guide
If you are looking for a flexible and low cost IT resource, then you must take AWS into consideration. This AWS cheat sheet covers the services offered by Amazon, common use cases and technical limitations. This is a handy reference to the one who is willing to work on cloud services which provides all the basic Read More
AWS Lambda Tutorial
In this tutorial, we will discuss Amazon’s very reliable serverless computing service AWS Lambda. Before starting this tutorial, we’re assuming that you’ve already worked on AWS cloud and you’ve knowledge of AWS compute and database services. We will dive you into the main concepts of AWS Lambda by understanding why we need this service, what is this service, its Read More