Developed by Microsoft for building, testing, deploying and managing applications and services through managed data centers, Azure provides SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS. Moreover, Azure supports numerous programming languages, tools and frameworks (inclusive of third parties as well). There are over 600 Azure services which include mobile service, computing, storage services, data management, messaging, CDN, media services, and IoT among others.
Watch this Azure Tutorial video
In this Microsoft Azure tutorial, you will learn Azure from the basics, so you can get a head start in your Azure cloud career. Azure is a top cloud computing platform that comes from the Microsoft stables. In this Azure tutorial you will learn about the architecture of Azure cloud infrastructure, the various Azure products and how enterprises are harnessing the power of Azure in computing, storage, database, networking, content delivery so you will get a clear idea of how Azure is revolutionizing the cloud domain.
What is Microsoft Azure?
First let us compare Azure with the market leader in cloud which is AWS:
|Comparison criteria||Microsoft Azure||Amazon Web Services|
|Ease of use||Good||Average|
|Range of Products||Limited||Overwhelming|
Azure is the flagship cloud service offered by Microsoft and is today one of the fastest growing cloud computing services. Azure offers services on a pay as you go pricing model in computing, web services, data storage, analytics, networking, content delivery, identity and access management, and even internet of things.
Why is Microsoft Azure so widely used?
Azure is growing at a very fast rate and is trying to close the gap between itself and the market leader in the cloud domain. There are some distinct features of Azure that is making it grow so fast in the cloud domain. In this Azure tutorial we have listed some of the top reasons why Azure is being so widely used even though it is such a late entrant in the cloud domain:
- Azure offers a very good Platform as a Service (PaaS) with excellent tools and building blocks
- It offers compatibility with .NET programming languages which is a great advantage
- The security and data protection feature of Azure is second to none in the cloud
- Azure offers excellent hybrid cloud features and easy migration from on-premise to cloud
- It gives an integrated environment for app development, testing & deployment in the cloud
- You can learn Azure without any hassles and successfully setup an Azure cloud infrastructure
- Azure as enterprise agreements with Windows users making it easy to migrate to Azure.
Features of Microsoft Azure
Here we list some of the top features of Azure that are making enterprises of all sizes to move to the Azure cloud infrastructure:
- Azure search can be used to embed search functionality into any custom application
- Azure offers Express Route for direct connection between Azure data center to your on-premise environment
- Secure, dedicated access to Redis Cache is possible with Azure Redis Cache
- Azure Batch lets you effortlessly run and execute your applications like an assembly line
- Azure Data Factory lets you seamlessly work on the on-premise or cloud infrastructure.
Watch this Azure video
Top Azure Services
Here we will list some of the top Azure services available:
- Computing: The computing services are offered by Azure for managing the virtual machines, supporting remote applications, containerization and batch processing.
- Web: The web services offered by Azure include the one’s used for the development and deployment of web applications along with the services for search, API management, content delivery among others.
- Storage: Azure offers a whole range of services for scalable cloud storage for both structured and unstructured data. This support is available for big data, persistent storage and archival storage.
- Networking:Azure virtual network services are offered to establish dedicated connections and gateways and also for load balancing, traffic management, DNS hosting and network security.
- Analytics:The range of analytical services offered by Azure include big data analytics, real-time analytics, machine learning, IoT, data warehousing among others.
- Content Delivery: Azure offers services for globally-distributed network for content caching, on-demand streaming services, media playback, encoding and son on.
- Identity and Access Management: The Azure IAM services ensure authorized access to Azure network, encryption, protecting sensitive information, Azure Active Directory and so on.
- Hybrid Integration: Azure offers services in on-premise infrastructure connection with Azure datacenters, server backup and recovery.
Watch this GCP video
Applications of Azure
Since the move towards the cloud is unstoppable, in this section of the Azure tutorial we will see the various applications of Azure.
- Development: Azure helps in successful software development by assisting code sharing, testing applications, troubleshooting, software development kits and so on.
- DevOps: Azure offers a complete set of tools and services for DevOps implementation that includes application diagnostics, test labs for build testing, experimentation, Visual Studio Team Services and so on.
- Machine Learning: Machine Learning applications offered by Azure include the ones used for creating powerful AI and cognitive computing models, data sets for training the models and so on.
- Containerization: Containerization services include the Azure platform for Docker and Kubernetes implementation for creating and orchestrating huge volumes of containers
- Internet of Things: Azure offers multiple services for capturing, monitoring and analyzing the IoT data that emanates from sensors and such other devices and then analyzing, monitoring, issues notifications and support for successful IoT implementation.
- IT Security: This includes identifying and responding to IT security in the cloud and also managing the sensitive assets and encryption keys.
Why should you learn Azure?
Azure has growing rapidly and is the fastest growing cloud platform in the world. Since it is a new offering from Microsoft we can expect the company to grow at an accelerated pace well into the future. All this means there will be a huge number of job opportunities for professionals who are trained and certified in Microsoft Azure. This means if you go through this Azure tutorial and learn Azure then you will have a basic understanding of this powerful cloud platform which will naturally help you take up a training in Azure and fast-track your career in the cloud domain.
Watch this Azure Certification AZ-203 video
This Microsoft Azure Tutorial covers Introduction to Microsoft Azure Definition of Cloud computing, advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing, Constructing Azure Virtual Machines, Hosting Web Applications on the Azure Platform, Storing SQL Data in Azure,Storing Tabular Data in Azure, Storage Blobs,Designing a Communication Strategy by Using Queues and Service Bus, Azure Resource Manager.
Anybody who wants to make a career in the cloud domain can go through this Azure Tutorial and learn Azure in an easy yet effective manner. IT and software developers, system administrators, project managers and others can benefit from this Azure tutorial.
There are no prerequisites for this Azure Tutorial. If you want to learn Azure, then all you need to have is a basic understanding of the cloud concepts and you are good to go.
Table of Content
Introduction to Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing Overview and Microsoft Azure
Cloud Computing Definition: Cloud Computing is the delivery of computing services- servers, storage, database, networking, tools and software over the internet. It enables companies to utilize a compute resource, it can be servers, storage or an application for the only purpose of not having to build and maintain computing Infrastructures in house. Watch this Microsoft Read More
Constructing Azure Virtual Machine
What is a Virtual Machine?
It is a computer file typically called as an image which behaves like an actual computer. It is one of the files which contains everything. It runs in windows,Linux etc. This gives you a flexibility that can run multiple machines in a physical computer. Each system can have a different operating system. Each of these Read More
Azure Web Apps
Azure App Services
Azure Web App provides a host service that developers can use it to develop mobile or web app. Apart from this the developer can use to build API apps or Logic apps, which provides integration with SaaS. It replaces several separate Azure services, which includes Azure Website, Azure Mobile services and Azure BizTalk services gives you a Read More
Microsoft Azure SQL Database
Azure SQL Database
Microsoft is enhancing its by adding various functionalities to make it more intelligent than it already is. The latest among them is Hyperscale in vCore-based purchasing model that supports a database of size 100 TB! Database restoration is quick and offers instantaneous backups. Transaction time is faster regardless of the size of data which Read More
Microsoft Azure Storage Overview
Microsoft provides a smart solution for modern-day storage problems which is Azure Storage. With data growing day by day, we need to upscale our methods of storage as well. Azure storage provides massive scalability, along with security, durability, and much more. In case you are more intrigued by videos than reading, here is a video on Read More
Azure Blob Storage
What is Azure Blob Storage?
Large amounts of unstructured object data, such as text or binary data can be stored with the help of Azure Blob storage service. You can also use Azure Blob storage to expose data publicly, or to store application data privately. Common uses of Azure Blob storage include: You can store files for distributed access You Read More
Azure Service Bus
What is Azure Service Bus?
Microsoft Azure Service Bus is a reliable information delivery service. The main agenda is to make the communication easier. When two or more parties want to exchange information, they need a communication facilitator. Service Bus is a brokered, or third-party communication mechanism. Watch this Azure Certification AZ-203 video [videothumb class="col-md-12" id="1GF-AffMOi8" alt="Azure Certification AZ-203" title="Azure Certification AZ-203"] Read More
Azure Notification Hub
What is Azure Notification Hubs?
Azure Notification Hubs provides the users an easy way to use, scaled -out push engine. The users can easily send targeted and personalized push notifications to any mobile platform from any cloud or on- premises back end. Watch this Azure Certification video by Intellipaat: [videothumb class="col-md-12" id="x3u9bUusHE8" alt="AWS S3 Tutorial" title="AWS S3 Tutorial for Beginners"] Read More
Azure Resource Manager
What is Azure Resource Manager?
Enable you to work with the resources in your solution as a group When your creating resource manager you are storing it in a container It helps your security and auditing. You can update deploy or delete all the resources for your solution in a single, coordinated operation. Azure Resource Manager Terminology Resource Few of Read More
Azure Machine Learning ( ML) Tutorial
Azure ML Tutorial
Azure Machine Learning saves both cost and time, along with making development easy. Who would have thought that one could build Machine Learning models using features like drag and drop? It is possible to do so in Azure Machine Learning Studio, and it offers almost all major algorithms built-in to work on. We can also hard-code everything Read More
Azure DevOps Tutorial
What is Azure DevOps?
Azure DevOps helps developers and the team in creating and deploying applications with either Azure DevOps Service or on-premise Azure DevOps Server. For developing quality applications efficiently in organizations, it’s clear that DevOps has become increasingly critical to a team’s success and integrating with the cloud is the best possible way to increase that success rate. In case you want Read More