Here is the thing:
- We've implemented a C++ RESTful API Server, with built-in HTTP parser and no standard HTTP server like Apache or anything of the kind
- It has been in use for several months in Amazon structure, using both plain and SSL communications, and no problems have been identified, related to Amazon infra-structure
- We are deploying our first backend using Amazon ELB
- Amazon ELB has a customizable health check system but also as an automatic one, as stated here - https://docs.aws.amazon.com/elasticloadbalancing/latest/classic/ts-elb-healthcheck.html
- We've found no documentation of what data is sent by the health check system
- The backend simple hangs on the socket read instruction and, eventually, the connection is closed
I'm not looking for a solution for the problem since the backend is not based on a standard web server, just if someone knows what kind of message is being sent by the ELB health check system, since we've found no documentation about this, anywhere.