ipython is an interactive shell built with python.
Check this from the project website:
IPython provides a vast toolkit to help you make the most out of using Python:
- Powerful Python shells (terminal and Qt-based).
- A web-based notebook with the same core features but support for code, text, mathematical expressions, inline plots, and other rich media.
- Support for interactive data visualization and the use of GUI toolkits.
- Flexible, embeddable interpreters to load into your own projects.
- Easy to use, high-performance tools for parallel computing.
The first 2 lines here will help you make the most of using Python. Then you don't need to change your code, the IPython shell also runs python code just like the normal python shell with more features.
For more insights on this, Python Tutorial will be the best thing to study.
Hope this answer helps you!