Before you proceed with your Puppet installation on your Linux machine, you will need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Update all the system packages on your Linux machine, before installing the Puppet package
- After upgrading the packages, run your Puppet executables
- While installing the packages, do not forget to add the location of your executable file to the PATH variable
- Now, go ahead and install the puppet-agent package on your machine by using the package managers such as yum, apt, Zypper, etc.
- Finally, start the Puppet service
DevOps Tools will surely give you an overview of Puppet and other top tools.
Watch the below Puppet Installation Video to learn how to install Puppet step by step:
You would also like to join DevOps Certification for getting a DevOps Engineer job.