Before you proceed with your Puppet installation on your macOS machine, you have to follow some instructions:
- Update all the system packages on your macOS and download the specific Puppet package compatible with your machine, before installing the Puppet package
- After upgrading the packages, now, run your Puppet executables
- Also, do not forget to add the location of your executable file to the PATH variable
- Install the puppet-agent package on your macOS by invoking the superuser privileges
- Now, start using the Puppet service on your terminal
Additionally, this article can help you with the installation of macOS.
You can also read DevOps Tools which contains in-depth information about Puppet and other major DevOps tools. Watch our below video tutorial to boost your knowledge of Puppet and other tools: