The overall process of Power BI is ETL which stands for extract, transform and load. The data is first extracted from the data sources in Power BI. The data is then transformed into the required format. Once you are done with shaping the data, you can load the data in the Data Catalog.
Here is a step-by-step process of Power BI:
- Data Connection: It is easy to import data into Power BI or even upload a custom file
- Data Transformation: After loading the data, it needs to undergo preprocessing based on the requirements
- Data Modeling: It enhances the data in order to achieve accurate insights and analytics
- Data Visualization: In this step, the visualization type is chosen as per the data
- Data Reports: You can publish and export the reports securely
If you wish to make a career as a Power BI developer, sign up for Power BI Training.
You must also, watch this YouTube tutorial on Power BI: