There are a couple of mistakes that people make while learning Django, like:
1. Learning from outdated content.
2. Not learning the basics.
3. Not understanding the architecture at the beginning.
4. Having a weak understanding of basic python concepts.
5. Learning without writing code or building a project.
6. Not keeping up to date with the technology.
and so on.
So i would suggest if you are planning on learning Django you should firstly gain a firm understanding of python, and if you wish to learn the django you can take this end to end Django certification course.
If you just wish to get your feet wet and try Django out you can follow this Django tutorial.
You can also learn python by following along with these tutorials.