Pros of Java over Python:
- Java has faster execution time compared to Python.
- Applications built on Java are much more stable and secure as compared to Python. Also, Java applications are much more scalable.
- Java's JDBC, Java Database Connectivity and ODBC, Open Database Connectivity, makes database operations very easy. On the other hand, the database access layers in Python are a bit underdeveloped.
Pros of Python over Java:
- Python codes are much easier and compact as compared to Java codes.
- Python has a easy learning curve and can deliver some pretty complex programs in less line of codes.
- Python is dynamically typed, which means, we don't need to declare anything. An assignment statement directly binds a name to an object, and the object can be of any type.
- Python has become the backbone of IOT field. (Did you know that Pi in the Raspberry Pi stands for Python)
- Python offers a huge set of tools for Data Analysis and Machine learning.
- Not only that integration feature of Python makes it possible to call Python through java via Jython.
Take a look at this video for more: