Java Tutorial Overview
Widely considered as the most popular programming language underlying almost every modern-day software application, Java has carved a niche for itself in the marketplace. Currently, Java is an inevitable requisite when it comes to IT. The average salary of a Java Specialist is around ₹146,000.
This Java tutorial is an introduction to help you learn Java, a very versatile language. According to Forbes, Java is one of the best programming languages to get a job at a big software company. This programming language can fetch you a job in top MNC companies like Google and Microsoft. As per Glassdoor, the average salary of a Java developer is $88,000 per annum. Java is one such open-source, programming language that can let you create amazing and rational applications for business and entertainment purposes. It is certainly a versatile programming platform with a wide range of expressions, functions and methods.
Watch this Java video by Intellipaat:
Besides IT projects, Java has utility in mobile app development and gaming applications. Having Java programming skills and Java Certification, you can certainly see yourself in a challenging, competitive and growth-oriented working environment.
It is an essential and vital programming language, which once mastered, lets you easily and quickly understand other object-oriented platforms. Although there had been times when Java experienced a slowdown, it instantly took on grips with Android app development.
Let’s talk about the Java programmers in this Java tutorial.
Why Java programmers are in demand?
Despite having so many languages for creating applications and web development, Java programmers are always in demand. Read below to find out the reason behind this fact:
- Java is guaranteed to be ‘write once and run everywhere
- Collection of objects invoking each other’s methods
- A case-sensitive language that makes it take different meanings for the same word typed differently.
C++ vs Java
Both are object-oriented programming languages, but Java’s rich functionalities have made it overrule C++. Want to know how?
|Built-in functionality to support threads
|It does not support threads
|Successor of C(syntax), and C++
|Successor of C
|Compiled and interpreted
|No database connectivity
|Database connectivity supported
Java has been Google’s first and top choice for Android app programming. It brings an extensive number and variety of job opportunities in multiple businesses. In the present time, when every business has gone to laptop screens, desktops, and mobile phones, we require a conversant and skillful technical team that can design, code, and create amazing websites and functionalities for all types of audiences. Java is a popular and preferred coding language to accomplish specialized tasks in the organization.
Java outsources millions of job opportunities with higher salaries and senior positions in top multinational companies. This Java tutorial is designed to train you on Java basics and advanced concepts. Starting with the tutorial, you will learn the essential and preliminary theories and their Installation on your system. You will be able to make a simple java program independently, with a valid output.
Watch this Difference between Java and .Net Tutorial:
Moving forward, this reference will take you through understanding Comments and Keywords, basic data types in Java, Java Array, Java String, Java Operators, Java If Else Statements, Java Loops, Java Methods, Classes, and Objects. Further, it describes core concepts of Encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstract class and Interface, Java Constructors, and Static and Dynamic Binding. It comprises the implementation of ‘this’, ‘super’, ‘final’, and ‘static’ keywords in Java and their comparisons.
Downcasting with ‘instanceof’ operator, Aggregation(HAS-A) and Composition, Java File I/O, Multithreading, Java Packages, and Exception Handling are other significant topics you get familiar with while enhancing your Java programming knowledge. Each topic is explained with suitable and elaborative, real-time examples that you can apply to your project.
Most interestingly, the tutorial is helpful for both, beginners as they can learn Java from the scratch using multiple examples, and for experienced Java developers to retouch their concepts and take a quick tour of conceptual insights.
Interested in learning Java? Enroll in our Java Training now!
Let’s talk about the prerequisites for this core Java tutorial.
To learn Java, it’s recommended to have a basic understanding of programming concepts and some knowledge of object-oriented programming. Here are some specific prerequisites that can help you start learning Java:
- Understanding basic programming concepts: You should be familiar with programming fundamentals such as variables, data types, control structures, loops, and functions.
- Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts: Java is an object-oriented programming language, and it’s important to have a solid understanding of OOP concepts such as classes, objects, inheritance, and polymorphism.
- Basic knowledge of algorithms and data structures: Understanding basic algorithms and data structures like arrays, lists, and queues can help learn Java.
- Familiarity with a text editor or integrated development environment (IDE): You must write and compile Java code using a text editor or an IDE. Familiarity with either of these tools can help you learn Java more efficiently.
- Basic command-line interface (CLI) knowledge: You will use the command-line interface to compile and run Java programs. A basic understanding of CLI can be helpful.
- Mathematics: Java involves mathematical calculations, so a basic understanding of math concepts like arithmetic operations, logic, and algebra can be beneficial.