Big Data Analytics: The Best Career Move You Can Make Today
Why do you think that a career in Big Data Analytics is so much in demand these days? Why do you think that this career in Big Data Analytics is something which everyone wants to pursue? Among other Big Data careers, a career in Big Data Analytics, in particular, is growing like never before!
Do you respond better to videos rather than write-ups? Well, here is something which might impress you!
Today, Big Data Analytics is being considered as the best career in the Big Data domain. The reason for this can be as follows:
- Easy to start with: If you are someone who has a natural desire for solving problems from other than your profession, learning Big Data Analytics would be pretty easy for you. Also, if you are from a mathematics background, a career in analytics would be quite easy for you to go on with. As there are ample certification courses available online, it would be pretty simple for a newbie who wants to broaden his/her skills to start a career in Big Data Analytics.
- Multi-industry/multi-domain opportunities: Big Data Analytics has the ability to attain cost-effective solutions that can improve decision-making power in various development areas, such as, manufacturing, healthcare, media, education, real estate, retail, and so on. As a Big Data Analyst, you might get an opportunity to work in a variety of industries that cover your interests and skills.
- Lucrative salary: People aspiring to start their careers in Big Data Analytics are mostly attracted by the lucrative salary that it offers. Logically, strong and computer-savvy youth look forward to making an above-average income by starting to pursue their career in Big Data Analytic jobs.
Three jobs were considered as the top-paying jobs in 2017, according to a survey, and Data Analytics was on top of them with a median annual salary of US$122,000.
- Providing decision-making power: Big Data Analytics is indeed an added value to any organization that allows a Data Analyst to make crucial decisions and provide an additional edge over its competitors. As a Data Analyst, you will be able to gain insights into what works and what doesn’t in a market scenario. Also, since you do performance analysis, the management will depend on you for making crucial business decisions, and a Big Data Analytics career thus increases your chance of becoming a key decision-maker in your organization.
- Multiple programming languages: Big Data Analytics deals with multiple programming languages, i.e., it isn’t restricted to one single language or framework. It is known for combining high-level statistical and quantitative skills, along with proper programming skills. Also, there are several potential languages that can be used in this domain, so you can choose any of them to specialize. If you already have knowledge of C++, Java, Ruby, Perl, etc., then you can start your career in Big Data Analytics right away, further extending your programming capabilities to Scala, Julia, and MATLAB later in your journey.
Why do we need BDA Skills?
As you know, there is a swift implementation of Big Data Analytics in analytical business operations, as well as in decision-making. Individuals having a correct set of Big Data Analytics skills will have a huge amount of opportunities while pursuing a career in Big Data Analytics across industry verticals. A whole lot of companies have openly acclaimed Big Data Analytics to play a major role in their decision-making.
To know more read also: How to make a career in Big Data in 2020?
According to recent industry reports, Big Data Analytics salaries have been increasing and are expected to get even better over time. Usually, entry-level salaries start from ₹7.5 lakhs per annum, going up to ₹12.10 lakhs per annum at the senior levels.
There are multiple job roles requiring professionals to adapt to some of the in-demand Data Analytics skills. Let’s now find out these skills!
Big Data Analytics Skills to Boost Your Salary
Now that you know that a career in Big Data Analytics is definitely going to help you in the future, aren’t you wondering how to get into a Big Data career in Analytics? Well, next, let’s talk about that in this blog on a career in Big Data Analytics.
Big Data skills that would boost your salary are:
- Apache Hadoop: Big Data Hadoop is a data framework providing utilities that may help computers solve queries with huge volumes of data, e.g., Google Search. Based particularly on the MapReduce pattern, Hadoop is able to solve the problem of big data. Since Big Data Hadoop is written in Java programming language, it is pretty easy for programmers to work on it.
- Apache Spark: Apache Spark, a computing framework used for real-time processing, is able to process data at lightning speed. Spark, an open-source project in Apache Software Foundation, is able to overcome many of the limitations of MapReduce, Hadoop concept. Also, it extends the MapReduce model for efficient use in data processing.
- Machine Learning and Data Mining: Machine Learning (ML) is a field of AI, using which software applications are able to learn how to increase their accuracy for expected outcomes. ML powers Big Data Analytics by learning rules iteratively for improved analytics.
Data Mining is a technique that is responsible for integrating structured and unstructured data from multiple channels. It can pull data for a 360-degree view for customers. You can bring value to a business by just being armed with the skill of Data Mining and, along with your unique skills in Big Data Analytics, you can demand a top-notch salary.
- NoSQL: NoSQL is a database approach that includes a huge variety of data models, which include key-value, columnar, document, and graph formats. NoSQL stands for ’Not only SQL.’ It is a great alternative to traditional RDMS, wherein the data was stored in tables. You can work with large sets of distributed data using NoSQL.
- Statistical Tools: If we are talking about Analysis, statistics definitely comes on top of the list. There are several statistical tools, such as R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, etc., which are the favored tools for enterprise Big Data Analytics.
Mastering these Big Data Analytics skills or tools will definitely make you gain tons of dollars and, as you know, skills matter; a degree doesn’t. So, why not get trained in such technologies and build a strong skill set to start your career in Big Data Analytics?
Also for more such insightful technical aspects, study the Machine Learning Course.
Enroll in Intellipaat’s online Big Data Hadoop Analyst certification training and become a Data Analyst today!