- JS is generally regarded as a platform that has a bright future in the IT sector due to its usefulness and applicability.
We will be discussing Node.JS to the core, but before that, we suggest you quickly have a look at the topics to be covered in this node.js tutorial for beginners:
Points to Ponder:
Want to make your learning process even easier and more efficient, we have got your back!!
Ok! Now it’s time to know everything about Node JS Tutorial.
What is Node.JS?
- It is used to create web applications that require a lot of I/O, such as single-page programs and websites that stream video.
- Building software and applications like chat apps and websites that require synchronous, real-time interactions are best done with Node.
- Node’s modeling approach is among the main causes propelling its acceptance.
History of Node.JS
- Ryan Dahl and other Joyent developers built Node.JS.
- Initially launched in 2009, it only supported Linux.
- Joyent Inc. sponsored Node.JS, and Joyent Inc. oversaw the project’s development and updates.
- JS comes in a variety of versions, starting with the 0.1.0 release and continuing through 0.10.x, 0.11.x, and 0.12.x.
- Its most recent version was Node.JS v0.12.9 before Node.JS and IO.JS were combined.
Let’s get to the part of why Node.js in this Node js tutorial
- A minimally-loaded framework with all the necessary modules.
- Depending on an application’s requirements, additional modules can be added.
- Highly Extensible
- Given that Node.JS is well known for being highly extensible, users can further customize and extend it to meet their needs.
- Simple to Learn
- JS takes less time to work with.
Want to learn Node.JS and excel in your skills? Enroll in Node.JS Certification Course today!!
Prerequisites of learning Node.JS
- A text-based user interface called a command line interface, or CLI for short, allows you to type commands into it to instruct your computer to carry out specific tasks.
- You will be able to run nvm, npm, and execute your Node.JS projects with ease once you become accustomed to using CLI.
- NPM, which stands for Node Package Manager, is another acronym that will be helpful for managing the server-side dependencies of our Node.JS projects.
- HTTP Requests:
- As you become more familiar with Node.JS and realize that it is also used in the back-end, there will be times when you must send or retrieve data from a data source.
- In these situations, you must send an HTTP API request to the server in question.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Basics of Node.JS
There are some basic terminologies that you should get familiar with, like:
How many primitive types exist in Node.JS?
The list here shows the primitive types in Node.JS:
Any type of variable can be declared using the var keyword.
Attributes and properties are also possible for functions.
Node.JS scripts execute within processes, which are objects.
It contains a process object that allows you to access all the details of the Node.JS application’s running processes.
The primary purpose of a buffer is to hold binary data while reading from a file or receiving packets over the network.
You can brush up on your knowledge for forthcoming interviews by using the Node.JS Interview Questions and Answers.
Features of Node.JS
- No Buffer:
- Node.JS applications never use a buffer to store data. Simply put, these programmes produce the data in sections.
- Highly Scalable:
- JS uses event looping in a single-threaded design, which greatly enhances its scalability.
- Event mechanisms allow the server to reply in a non-blocking way and boost server scalability, in contrast to standard servers that only generate a small number of threads to process requests.
Future of Node.JS
- JS provides a strong foundation for a variety of tasks like:
- Integration of non-web frameworks with serverless systems.
- Creation of portable mobile applications, and the delivery of services on a small scale.
- The IT sector has long demanded a high degree of adaptability and utility.
- Include quick execution, enhanced flexibility, and good memory utilization.
- Employing Node.JS developers is therefore a smart move for businesses.
Recommend Audience for this Node.js Tutorial
- The intention of this lesson is to assist both professionals and individuals who are eager to learn Node. JS.
- Everything you have to do is carefully study this guide from start to finish and make note of the ideas you think are key.
- Working from inception, we attempted to cover everything in an organized manner.
- You will possess a fundamental understanding of what Node.JS is, why we use it, where it may be used, and much more by the end of this session.
- Keep reading the next chapter of the Node js tutorial to learn more!
Drop your questions on the Community Page we will get to you in a jiffy!!