What new technology does is create new opportunities to do a job that customers want done – Tim O’Reilly
Technology is rapidly evolving, and new job opportunities are emerging at an unprecedented rate cutting across industry sectors. It pays to learn the hottest tech skills for a bright career prospect. Learn the top 10 tech skills that are in much demand today!
Watch this trending video on Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in 2019:
1. Big Data
Big Data is everywhere and the career opportunities in this field are immense. When you work with Big Data, it is helpful if you are good at analytics and, at the same, you have a creative bent of mind. You need to work with numbers a lot, and hence having a mastery over mathematics and statistics will help you get ahead in your Big Data career.
Enroll in Intellipaat’s Big Data Hadoop Training now!
Some of the Big Data technologies that you need to gain considerable expertise in are Apache Hadoop, Spark, SQL, NoSQL, using statistical and quantitative analysis models, data visualization, and an ability to write flawless computer programs in C++, Java, Python, and other languages.
- The capital from Big Data applications is expected to grow from $5.3 billion in 2018 to $19.4 billion by the year 2026.
- The average salary of a Big Data Analyst is $59,000 and that of a Big Data Scientist is $92,000.
Watch this trending video on Top 10 Technologies to Learn in 2019:
2. Data Science
Data Science is an art of deriving meaning out of all that petabytes of data floating across the world. As a Data Science professional, your primary responsibility will be to create and design data models and applications that can be used by business enterprises to scale up their revenues. Some of the skills that will come in handy are SAS, R programming and ways of creating statistical models, Python language coding, working knowledge of SQL database, and the ability to work with unstructured data which is more of a norm rather than an exception in Big Data.
Learn about the most valuable Data Science Skills in 2019.
Data Science involves extracting a sense out of data that you have collected and includes designing and developing data models.
- The average salary of a Data Scientist is $92,000.
- Data Scientists are expected to understand the patterns, hidden connections, and complex variations among data.
- The job role involves creating and codifying models into working applications.
3. Business Intelligence and ETL
Business Intelligence is yet another hot topic, and with the right set of skills you can grow tremendously in your career in this domain. BI professionals need to understand the technical nuances of setting up and running a system, make sense of the business viewpoint, and convert the business queries into analytical know-how for rapid realization of business solutions. BI professionals are also supposed to understand and parse the results that they obtain so that the business strategies of an enterprise can be implemented.
Get Trained in the best Business Intelligence and ETL Technologies Now!
Working in the BI domain demands professionals to understand the concepts of data warehousing and data mining. You should be in a position to collect, validate, combine, and transfer data from multiple sources and store it for analysis and distribution. So, you should be having a firm understanding of the information analysis techniques and other related concepts.
- The average salary of a Business Intelligence professional lies between $70,000 to $90,000 per year.
Salesforce has been around for a while now, and it is no wonder that it is the most widely used CRM tool in the world, trusted by some of the biggest corporations.
Get ahead with the Salesforce Training Course now!
Some of the hot job roles available in this field are Salesforce Developer and Salesforce Administrator. For both job profiles, candidates are required to be well-versed in the CRM application from a technical standpoint. It is also possible to gain profound proficiency with the help of the right training courses that can make you fit for high-profile jobs like Salesforce Project Manager or Consultant. Having a considerable knowledge of the Salesforce security and being equipped with the right skills to avert security attacks are also highly sought after.
- According to a survey conducted by the IT recruitment firm Dice, Salesforce is one of the trending skills that can help a trained candidate bag over $100,000 per annum.
SAP job profiles are of varied kinds. Since there are so many products that come out regularly from the SAP stack that it would be wise to talk about them individually. SAP products include CRM, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), Supply Chain Management, Strategic Enterprise Management, Supplier Relationship Management, and so on. The two important technical skills required for an SAP professional are BASIS for Administration and ABAP for Development.
Go ahead in your career with these SAP Training and Certification Courses!
SAP HANA is a relational database management platform that can be used for on-premise or cloud processing. It is used for deriving real-time analytics from various forms of data. It is used for text processing, graph processing, and even streaming analytics. Learning about SAP HANA programming and administration can assist the right candidates to grab high-paying jobs.
- According to Indeed, SAP HANA professionals can earn an average annual salary of $149,139.
6. Oracle Developer and Administrator
Oracle is one of the biggest database management software companies today. There are various avenues in it that can provide you with very good job prospects if you have acquired the right Oracle Certified Training. Some of the skills that you need are understanding of various database structures, deploying Oracle database tools, working knowledge of Procedural Language and Structured Query Language including knowledge of DML (Data Manipulation Language), and an in-depth familiarity with DBA architecture, database modeling, various schema objects, and data recovery.
Learn the Oracle-based technologies in these Training Courses now!
SQL is one of the most important programming languages in order to parse large volumes of data, and with Oracle PL/SQL you can manage huge volumes of database applications. Achieving the right training in this domain can pave way for a great career ahead.
- An Oracle Developer earns an average of $60 per hour.
7. Cloud Computing
By 2020, one-third of all data will pass through the cloud, and this would lead to huge positive implications for companies in the Cloud Computing domain. Having the right skills in Cloud Computing can help propel your career to the big league. As per Forbes’ report, the average salary of a Cloud Computing professional is about $124,000.
Learn Cloud Computing through these Training Courses to stay ahead in your career!
According to Forbes, having an in-depth knowledge of Linux, Virtualization, and Java can help you take on the challenging role of a Cloud Computing professional in today’s world. Some of the job roles that you can apply for in the Cloud Computing domain are Enterprise Architect, Resource Planner, Data Analyst, Security Manager, and so on.
- As per Gartner, in 2019, the public cloud services market is expected to grow by 17.33 percent.
- The most in-demand and popular Cloud Computing skills are Amazon Web Services (AWS), Linux, Java, etc.
- The average salary of a Cloud Computing professional is $146,350.
- AWS has a widespread market in the cloud industry.
8. Artificial Intelligence
Businesses are rapidly changing with Artificial Intelligence (AI). AI is a broad concept, where machines are designed to carry out a specific set of tasks in a smart way. Artificial Intelligence Engineers take business automation to the next level; they directly deal with the optimization of business operations and practices. It reduces manual effort drastically and makes the tasks less human dependent, with quality and productive output.
Learn about Artificial Intelligence now!
There is a myth that Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are the same. Well, there is a difference: Machine Learning is an application that is categorized under AI. It is meant to use all available data and derive sensible facts out of each specific set of data.
- According to Forbes, the average annual salary of an AI professional is $111,118.
- In the current decade, the job opportunities in AI has been increasing exponentially.
9. Python Developers
From the programming perspective, Python certification remains the most sought-after skill required by developers. Python is an easy and simple programming language which reduces the development time by almost 50 percent. It has all significant features like easy compilation, read syntax, and more libraries supporting data analysis, visualization, and manipulation. Hence, Python has become a must-know language for developers.
Enroll in Python Certification Training Course today!
- According to Indeed, the average annual salary a Python Developer can expect in the United States is $123,124.
- Most of the market leaders like Facebook, SlideShare, Quora, YouTube, Pinterest, Netflix, etc. have adopted Python as their programming language.
10. Blockchain Developers
Blockchain technology is not just limited to cryptocurrencies; it has other potential uses such as it provides security, peer-to-peer payments, file storage, crowdfunding, digital voting, identity management, etc. The rapid growth of Blockchain technology has raised the demand for Blockchain Developers.
Get a head start in your career with these Blockchain Certification Training Courses!
- As per Gartner Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends, Blockchain stands on the seventh position of trending technologies.
- Blockchain Developers are highly paid; their average salary in the United States is $140,000.
Get in touch with Intellipaat to get the best industry-recognized Training Courses!
- Hadoop Creator goes to Cloudera
- Hadoop online training – Understanding Hadoop in and out!
- Hadoop vs Spark – Choosing the Right Big Data Software