Ever wonder why every technology is open sourced now a days? Well, with the increasing digitization of the economy open source technologies have gained a heap of momentum. It is not just used by the startups and medium-sized firms, but large companies are also adopting open source software for their convenience. Let’s find out what is making the firm turning towards open source technologies.
||Depending on vendor
Needless to say that technology is being considered as the key element of today’s business world. Services such as Server support, Virtualization, Remote Infrastructure Management, IT Transformation etc., will help shape the future of global corporate, industries and service sectors.
- Governments are picking up projects to encourage the growth of open source.
- Considering the speed of open source in no time, IT will be overwhelmed by open source and professionals skilled in it will be in demand.
Big Data and Open Source software
Just when the world is going highly digitized, there has been an influx of open-source technologies which have taken over the old school proprietary technologies. Some of the widely-known open-source technologies providing lucrative career opportunities to the aspirants are –
Grab the top big data jobs by enrolling yourself to Online Big Data and Hadoop Certification Training Course!
The success behind Linux it is a handshake with GNU software as GNU/Linux. Linus Torvalds announced that he was creating an OS kernel based on Minix back in 1991.Majority of web servers run Linux, and with Ubuntu which finally started to make inroads into the desktop market, and sooner will be strong player in the mobile market with Android (which uses the Linux kernel).
Successfully launched in the year 2004, Ubuntu is the most popular Linux distribution in today’s world, especially on the desktop side. Ubuntu is an open source software platform which runs almost in every aspect from IoT devices, the Smartphone, the tablet and the PC to the server and the cloud.
- MySQL is the most widely and highly popular Open Source Relational SQL database management system used for database server in the world
- Used for the popular websites and services which includes Wikipedia, Facebook and, more modestly, our very own Pingdom.com…). It is used LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP).
- MySQL is one of the best RDBMS used for developing web-based software applications.
Want to grab open source database job? Get enrolled in PHP and MySQL training course today!
The Apache HTTP Server the most popular in the field of web server software since 1996 when it got started. Apache is still famous for its strong lead, outclassing and been the second runner up from IIS in terms of number of deployed websites (according to Netcraft, whereas Apache is currently used by 46% of all websites, while IIS is used by 29%). In 2009 it become the first web server to be used by more than 100 million websites
Java technologies are a high-level programming language originally developed by Sun Microsystems and have powered enterprise applications since 1995. Java is a source for more than 800 million PCs,more than two billion handheld devices and 3.5 billion smart cards is been implemented host of set-top boxes, Web cams, games, medical devices and much more. Major companies such as Oracle (Java’s new owner) and IBM where Java is consider a technology to watch and embrace for all levels of enterprise use.
Apache Solr is a fast application in open-source Java search server. Solr enables you to easily create search engines used to search websites, databases and files. The major leading feature includes the full content text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, real-time indexing and dynamic clustering and database integration.
Enrol to Online Apache Solr Training Course and master the latest open source big data technology!
Why going for Open Source technology?
Seeing the sudden boom in open source technologies, you must be thinking “why the companies are increasingly adopting technologies instead of proprietary ones?”. Here are the reasons behind this-
- Cutting down the cost- Though companies are investing heavily in acquiring the latest and advanced technologies, but saving the cost has always remained a concern for the companies. Open source technologies relieved the firms from spending money for this purpose. These are available free of cost an ready to be deployed which saves significant amount of money.
- Quality improvement- Developers believe that the source code can be customized or modified as and when required which was not possible initially. Whether it is bug removal or a modification, changing the code improves the quality of technology.
- Agile business- With the increasing speed of data, it has become imperative for the companies to become instant responsive. Adopting open-source technologies is one way of achieving that. These software speed up the development process as it is rather quicker to debug an existing code than writing a new one.
- Mitigate business risk- Technology is changing rapidly causing it hard for the companies to rely on a single vendor or multiple vendors of software. Using open source software stack is the solution to this problem as its transparency allows the companies to build a vibrant community and in turn lessens the business risk.
As the range of big data technologies gaining impetus, the significance of open-source software is also reaching new heights. Though these two are completely diverse in nature but their amalgamation has launched some of the intelligent technologies to the market. Starting from operating system to web applications, every technology has turned into an open-source software. Nevertheless it is needless to say that it is just the beginning of a highly digitized and advanced economy.
Want to learn more about big data and open source technology? Read this informative blog!