Follow the following path to become a Big Data Developer:
- Basic Understanding of Java would be enough
- To learn SQL is very important
- Should know Linux commands
- Learn how to program Map-Reduce jobs
- Programming knowledge of Python
- Learn Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and PIG
- Try to learn using tools like Scoop, Flume, etc.
If you want to become a Big Data developer, I strongly recommend this course of Big Data Course by Intellipaat that covers all the skills mentioned above.
You can watch this video on Big Data Developer to know more about the roles and responsibilities of a Big Data Developer: