Project 1 – Tableau Interactive Dashboard
Data Set – Sales
Objective – This project is involved with working on a Tableau dashboard for sales data. You will gain in-depth experience in working with dashboard objects, learn about visualizing data, highlight action, and dashboard shortcuts. With a few clicks you will be able to combine multiple data sources, add filters and drill down specific information. You will be proficient in creating real time visualizations that are interactive within minutes.
Upon completion of this project you will understand how to create a single point of access for all your sales data, ways of dissecting and analyzing sales from multiple angles, coming up with a sales strategy for improved business revenues.
Domain – Crime Statistics (Public Domain)
Objective – The Project aims to show the types of crimes and their frequency that happen in the District of Columbia. Also to provide the details of the crimes like, the area/location and day of the week the crime has happened
Problem statement : Police departments are often called upon to put more “feet on the street” to prevent crime and keep order. But with limited resources, it’s impossible to be everywhere at once. This visualization shows where crimes take place by type and which day of the week. This kind of information gives local police more guidance on where they should deploy their crime prevention efforts.
- Map should be plotted at Block site address level
- Show the Offense, Location and Date of Crime occurrence.
- Show the Number of incidents and frequency in percentage for each type of crime happened(Offense)
- Show each incident happened every month by week and weekday and by offense type The dashboard should have Crime type and District filters which will be applicable to all three sheets in the dashboard
- An action from Map should filter out the other two sheets accordingly
- An action from tree map and bar chart should highlight the remaining two sheets according to the selection
Project 3: Analyzing economic data
Industry – Government
Problem Statement – How unemployment is affecting global malnutrition
In this Tableau project you will be working on vast amounts of data and analyze it to come up with trends, insights and correlations. The data sets include the global unemployment figures for multiple years, world population statistics across several years, nutritional data across the globe. Analyzing this data, you will correlate the malnutrition problem with the unemployment rates by using Tableau.
- Clean up Excel data & connect with Tableau
- Use data blending and Pivot Tables
- Do comparative analysis with Tableau dashboard
Project 4: Analyzing market performance
Problem Statement – Using the Consumer Packaged Goods data to analyze which are the markets which are performing well for a particular retail enterprise using Tableau Desktop.
Topic : This Tableau Desktop project involves working with the complex Consumer Packaged Goods data to come up with the brand performance analysis, regions that are contributing good to the revenues, where there is a need to offer more discounts to spur sales, and making in-depth budget vs. spend analysis for any particular year.
- Combining data sources, adding filters, drilling down data
- Building an interactive Dashboard and reports for detailed analysis.
- Deriving real-time visualization of data for business insights.