Tableau Tutorial for Beginners
With data serving as the brick and mortar of modern-day organizations, it has become inevitable for them to make the maximum sense of data sources. However, data is made available in its complex raw form. Therefore, understanding it with the basic human eye becomes difficult. This is where Tableau comes in. This effective Tableau data visualization tool takes in data and generates intuitive reports based on data inputs. Many successful enterprises are using Tableau. The average salary of a Tableau expert is around $106,000.
Watch this video on Tableau for Beginners:
In this Tableau tutorial for beginners, you will learn Tableau online from the basics. Tableau is a powerful business intelligence and data visualization tool. It is extensively used for creating and distributing highly interactive and powerful reports and dashboards that depict the data in a visually appealing form like trends, variations, charts, graphs, plots and so on.
Learn more about Tableau in this insightful content on Tableau certification!
Tableau can connect to a large number of files, relational and big data files to acquire and process the data. The tableau tool can blend all types of data like relational, unstructured and big data sources for acquiring and processing of data.
In this Tableau tutorial, you will learn Tableau which makes it easy for business professionals to work with real-time collaboration and making it easy for analysis. Tableau is a distinct leader in the business intelligence and analytics platform as per the Gartner Magic Quadrant.
Prepare yourself for the industry by going through this Top Tableau Interview Questions and Answers!
What is Tableau?
Tableau is one of the top business intelligence and analytics tool as confirmed by none other than Gartner. It is extensively used by organizations to make sense of data in a visually insightful format. Tableau can work with any kind of data be it structured, unstructured and semi-structured. Also, Tableau is able to connect with a lot of other tools, platforms like Hadoop, R Programming and so on. You don’t need any technical knowledge to learn Tableau.
|Criteria||What makes Tableau unique|
|Technical skills||No technical skills needed to work with Tableau|
|Get fast answers||Possible|
|Types of data||Tableau can work with any type of data|
|User experience||Extremely user-friendly|
In this Tableau Tutorial, you will get a step-by-step understanding of this top business intelligence and tableau data visualization tool.
Using Tableau, you can answer any business question provided the data exists for it in some format. Tableau has scores of features using which you can dice and slice the data and then convert it into stunning visualizations. Once the data is depicted in the form of bars, charts, graphs, plots you will be able to shed more light on the same data. You can detect hidden patterns, relationships, trends, and new meaning so that you can make a well informed and valuable business decision.
Watch this video on What is Tableau 10?
Applications of Tableau
Tableau is such a powerful tool that it can be used in any industry since the best part is that Tableau can work with any kind of data. So here in this Tableau Tutorial, we will list some of the applications of Tableau in the real world.
- Come up with quick visualizations and insights on disparate sources of data
- You can leverage the power of your databases& optimize query performance
- Work with statistical analysis like trending and forecasting features
- Deploy extreme data discovery and come up with unknown insights
- Easily connect with computer programming languages for powerful table calculations
- Work with data in the most intuitive, interactive manner through Tableau dashboards
Learn more about Tableau in this Tableau training in New York to get ahead in your career!
Why should you learn Tableau?
Tableau is one of the most demanded business intelligence tools in the industry today. So due to the widespread use of this top data visualization tool, there is a shortage of professionals who can work with this tool. Thus the salaries for Tableau professionals are among the best in the IT industry. This is one of the most powerful reasons why you should learn Tableau. Other than that, you should learn Tableau online for the following reason:
- Data visualization and predictive analytics is a norm in every industry today
- Tableau can work with any data warehousing and ETL tool making it highly versatile
- Tableau is constantly updating making the future for a career in Tableau highly promising
- Tableau has a big growing community thus making it easy to learn Tableau and excel
- You don’t need any specialized skills or programming languages for learning Tableau.
If you have any doubts or Queries related to Tableau, get it clarifies from Tableau Experts on Tableau Community.
Watch this video on Tableau Developer Roles and Responsibilities
Tableau Top Features and Strengths
Here we list some of the most important strengths and salient features of Tableau which makes it a highly desired tool in the corporate world today:
- Highly interactive tableau data visualization
- Easily implementable
- Handling large amounts of data
- Use of other scripting languages
- Responsive dashboard and support
- Different products for different users
- High-performance technology
- No need of any technical expertise.
Interested in learning Tableau? Click here to learn more about this Tableau Training in Sydney!
Tableau learning provides solutions for all kinds of industries, departments, and data environments. Following are some unique features that enable Tableau to handle diverse scenarios.
- High-speed analysis: It requires a high level of programming knowledge. If you have access to data then you can start deriving value from it.
- It is reliable: It does not need a complex software setup. The desktop version is used by most for installing the features for starting and completing the data analysis.
- Visual Discovery–This is a top feature of Tableau that helps you explore and analyze the data using various parameters like charts, colors, trend lines, and graphs. All the aspects are done by drag and drop and very little scripting is required.
- Blending Diverse Data Sets–You will be able to blend the various data sets like relational, non-relational, structured, semi-structured data sets without the need for integrating the data. You can do all these without knowing how this data is stored.
- Device agnostic– Tableau works exceedingly well with various kinds of devices. You don’t have to worry about the various software and hardware configurations.
- Collaborate in real-time– You can collaborate with your peers in real-time and come up with stunning visualizations.
- Real-Time Collaboration− Tableau can filter, sort, and discuss data on the fly and embed a live dashboard in portals like SharePoint site or Salesforce. You can save your view of data and allow colleagues to subscribe to your interactive dashboards, so they see the very latest data just by refreshing their web browser.
- Centralized Data − Tableau server provides a centralized location to manage all of the organization’s published data sources. You can delete, change permissions, add tags, and manage schedules in one convenient location. It’s easy to schedule extract refreshes and manage them in the data server. Administrators can centrally define a schedule for extracts on the server for both incremental and full refreshes.
Become Master of Tableau by going through this online Tableau course in Toronto.
This Tableau tutorial for beginners is designed for all those learners who want to learn tableau and work in the business intelligence domain. Anybody who wants to be in data analytics, data visualization, project managers can go through this Tableau Tutorial for beginners and learning tableau will become easy. There are no prerequisites as such to learn from this Tableau tutorial.
If you have a basic idea of various visualization options like graphs and charts, then it is beneficial. While going through Tableau topic, you must have come across a few important questions related to tableau such as Is Tableau easy to learn, what is Tableau tool and Can I use Tableau for free?
Let me clarify all these questions for your better understanding.
Get certified from top Tableau course in Singapore Now
Watch this video on 9 Things You Didn’t Know About Tableau
Is Tableau easy to learn?
Tableau is one of the fastest evolving data visualization tools which is majorly used in BI i.e. Business Intelligence industry. It is very fast to deploy, easy to learn, user-friendly and very intuitive to use for a customer
Learn Complete Tableau training in Hyderabad in 24 Hrs.
What is Tableau tool?
Tableau is an emerging powerful and fastest-growing data visualization tool that is widely used in the Business Intelligence Industry. It helps to simplify raw data into a very easy and understandable format. Tableau does data analysis very fast and the visualizations created are in the form of dashboards.
Are you interested in learning Tableau certification course in Bangalore from Experts?
Can I use Tableau for free?
Tableau Public is free software that allows you to connect to a spreadsheet or file and you can also create interactive data visualizations for the web. Tableau Reader is also free and allows you to open and interact with data visualizations that are built in Tableau Desktop