What is Python?
Python is a high-level, general-purpose programming language with an elegant syntax that allows programmers to focus more on problem-solving than on syntax errors. One of the primary goals of Python Developers is keeping it fun to use. Python has become a big buzz in the field of modern software development, infrastructure management, and especially in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence. Most recently, Python has risen to the top 3 list of TIOBE index of language popularity.
Python is becoming increasingly ubiquitous, but you must be wondering why Python has become such a hot topic in the developers’ world. In this tutorial, you will understand all reasons behind Python’s popularity.
Go for this in-depth job-oriented Python Training in Hyderabad now!
Before going further, have a quick rundown of all Python Basics topics:
- Why Choose Python over Any Other Languages?
- Features of Python
- Characteristics of Python Programming
- Applications of Python
Watch this informative ‘What is Python?’ video:
Without further ado, get started!
Why choose Python over any other languages?
When compared to any other high-level programming languages such as C++ and Java, it requires the programmer to develop lesser codes. Python is designed to be simple and easy to read and write. Python can be utilized for a wide range of applications such as scripting, developing, and testing. Because of its elegance and simplicity, Dropbox, Google, Quora, Hewlett-Packard, and so many other top tech-companies have already implemented Python. With the growing trend of Data Science and Machine Learning, Python has equally become one of the most important scripting languages in the 21st century, because of its wide range of libraries and framework.
Read and learn other related topics on Intellipaat’s Online Python Tutorial!
Features of Python
- It is simple to use.
- It is a free and open-source programming language.
- It has elegant syntax and readability.
- It has a large library.
- It is cross-platform.
- Python codes are interpreted line by line at a time using the Interpreter.
- Object-oriented Programming can be achieved through Python Class
- It can be integrated with other programming languages like C, C+, Java, and many more. This will also teach you most of the programming concepts.
Characteristics of Python Programming
Some of the characteristics of Python programming which make it a popular language are:
- There’s a rich collection of Python Data Types.
- Python is a platform-independent scripted language which comes with features to have complete access to operating system APIs.
- When comparing with other programming languages, Python provides more run-time flexibility.
- The basic text manipulation facilities of Awk and Perl are also included in Python.
- There is a Python Module where you can have more than one classes and free functions.
- Libraries available in Python are cross-platform compatible, which can run on any platform such as Windows, Linux, or MacOS.
- Python can be easily compiled to byte-code; that’s the reason it is most suitable for building large applications.
- Python also provides features to support functional and structured programming, as well as OOP concepts.
- Python supports an interactive mode which allows interactive testing and debugging for snippets of code.
- In Python, there are no editing, debugging, testing, and compilation steps, so it is very fast.
Looking for Data Science for Python All-in-1 Combo Training? Enroll now!
Applications of Python
Python can be used to develop a variety of applications like:
- Web Applications
- Creating Software Prototypes
- Scientific and Numeric Computing
- Network Programming
- Games and 3D Applications
- A Good Language to Teach Programming to Freshers
Once you are done with this tutorial, you can check out the list of Python Interview Questions prepared by the experts, which will help you to crack any Python interview. And if you are interested in doing an end-to-end Python Certification Course, Intellipaat has curated just the right course, so that you gain all of the requisite skills in python programming.