Project 1: Working with Tableau Interactive Dashboard
Problem Statement: How to make an interactive dashboard with Tableau?
Upon the completion of this project, you will understand how to create a single point of access for all your sales data, ways of dissecting and analyzing sales from multiple angles, coming up with a sales strategy for improved business revenues.
Project 2: Tableau for Crime Statistics Analysis
Domain: Crime Statistics (Public Domain)
Problem Statement: Showing the types of crimes and their frequency in the District of Columbia and providing the details of the crimes
Description: Police authorities are often called on to “put more feet on the street” to prevent crime and ensure order. However, due to limited resources, it is almost impossible to use them anytime, anywhere. In this project, you will work on the crime data, in the District of Columbia and analyze it using the Tableau tool. During visualization, you can use ‘crime categories’ and ‘days of the week’ as data types to see when and where crimes have occurred. In this project, you will also analyze the details of the crimes, such as, the area/location and the day of the week it has happened, etc. This project will help the local police get insightful information on where to put their crime prevention efforts on.
- A map should be plotted at the block site address level
- Shows the offense, the location, and the date of the crime
- Shows the frequency (in %) for each type of crimes
- Shows the crime details of every month by week/weekday/offense type (the dashboard should have various filters that will be applicable to all three sheets in the dashboard)
- An action from map should filter out the other two sheets, accordingly
- An action from the tree map and the bar chart should highlight the remaining two sheets according to the selection
Project 3: Analyzing Economic Data
Problem Statement: How is unemployment affecting global malnutrition?
Description: In this Tableau project, you will be working on vast amounts of data and analyzing it to come up with trends, insights, and correlations. Datasets include the global unemployment figures for multiple years, world population statistics across several years, and the worldwide nutritional data. By analyzing this data, you will correlate the malnutrition problem with the unemployment rates using Tableau.
- Cleaning up Excel data and connecting with Tableau
- Using data blending and pivot tables
- Comparative analysis with the Tableau dashboard
Project 4: Analyzing Market Performance
Problem Statement: Using the Consumer Packaged Goods data to analyze which are the markets that are performing well for a particular retail enterprise using Tableau Desktop
Description: This Tableau Desktop project involves working with the complex Consumer Packaged Goods data to come up with the brand performance analysis, regions that are contributing good to the revenues, where there is a need to offer more discounts to spur sales, and making in-depth budget vs spend analysis for any particular year.
- Combining data sources, adding filters, and drilling down data
- Building an interactive dashboard and reports for detailed analysis
- Deriving real-time visualization of data for business insights