Steps to install Kafka
Download the link for Kafka source – https://archive.apache.org/dist/Kafka/0.8.0/Kafka-0.8.0-src.tgz and then:
tar xzf Kafka-0.8.0-src.tgz
- Enter the directory and run the commands:
sudo ./sbt update
sudo ./sbt package
- To start the Zookeeper server, run (in the directory)
- Now start the Kafka server, run (in the directory)
- Create a Topic of publishing messages,
bin/Kafka-create-Topic.sh –zookeeper localhost:2181 –replica 1 –partition .
- 1–Topic test
(Here we can mention the number of replica instances, partitions and the name of the Topic)
- Publish-Subscribe some messages by,
– Run the producer,
bin/Kafka-console-producer.sh –broker-list localhost:9092 –Topic test
Now type down the message we want to send.
– Later, run the consumer,
bin/Kafka-console-consumer.sh –zookeeper localhost:2181 –Topic test–from-beginning
Read these Top Trending Kafka Interview Q’s now that helps you grab high-paying jobs !