Follow the following path to become a Hadoop developer:
- Basic Understanding of Java would be enough
- To learn SQL is very important
- Should know Linux commands
- Learn how to program MapReduce jobs
- Programming knowledge of Python
- Learn Hadoop, HBase, Hive, and PIG
- Try to learn using tools like Scoop, Flume, etc.
If you want to become a Hadoop developer, I strongly recommend this course of Hadoop Certification by Intellipaat that covers all the skills mentioned above.
You can watch this video on how to become a Hadoop developer to get an idea of how to get started: