In this blog, you will learn the following topics –
What is CompTIA?
CompTIA or the Computing Technology Industry Association is a non-profit trade association that provides professional certifications in the IT industry. It is based out of America in Downers Grove, Illinois. The association issues Certifications in over 120 countries and all of them are vendor-neutral.
What is CompTIA Certification?
To begin with, CompTIA Security+ Certification equips you with appropriate skills which will enable you to acquire a job in the IT industry. Also, since CompTIA Security+ Certification is recognized widely across the industry, your CV will have good value. CompTIA Certification cost varies from one organization to another.
Potentially, CompTIA Certification provides you with the following IT-based skills:
- You will be able to identify attacks and vulnerabilities before such can infiltrate IS.
- You will be equipped with understanding the aspects of securing virtualization. You will understand other aspects such as securing application deployment and all the core concepts of automation.
- After the CompTIA Certification, you will be able to identify and implement the best protocols and encryption.
- You will primarily understand the core concepts of monitoring and securing hybrid environments. Such hybrid environments include cloud, mobile, and IoT.
- You will be equipped with an understanding of the installation, configuration, and deployment of network components. This will come in handy while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organizational security.
- Through the Certification, you will learn to implement and summarize the best practices of risk management. This influences the business and its decisions to a great degree.
- Through this certification path, you will learn to install and configure wireless security settings and implement the public key infrastructure.
- You will be able to perform penetration testing and vulnerability scanning. This will help detect any compromise on the network/ systems.
Do check out our Ethical Hacking online course now to become a certified ethical hacker.
Best CompTIA Certification 2022
CompTIA A+ (220-1001/220-1002)
This CompTIA certification validates your ability to troubleshoot and solve the problems related to networking and operating systems. These aspects are mostly related to mobile devices and security. With this CompTIA A+ Certification, you can become an IT pro.
Through this CompTIA A+ Certification, you will learn the following:
- You will learn to ace the CompTIA Certification exam.
- You will master the aspects relating to mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization, cloud computing, and more of similar nature.
- You will explore the aspects of installation of operating systems, configuration of operating systems, expansion of security, troubleshooting in any software, and more of similar nature.
CompTIA CASP+ (CAS-003)
This CompTIA Certification will be a perfect choice for you given that you are more interested in practical technologies rather than managing resources.
This is a performance-based certification program dedicated to professionals.
The certification program teaches you the following.
- Primarily you will be proficient in risk management, enterprise security operations & architecture, research & collaboration, and integration of enterprise security on completion of the program.
- You will learn to implement cryptographic techniques and security controls for mobile devices.
- You will be equipped with an understanding of integrating advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- You support IT governance in the organization. However, the special focus will be on managing risk.
- Furthermore, you will learn to integrate platforms, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies. These will come in handy in the process of securing enterprise architecture.
Check out CompTIA Tutorial for Beginners at
CompTIA Security+ (SY0-501)
This CompTIA Certification helps you to establish a core knowledge relating to all the aspects of cybersecurity. This certification enables you to get into any intermediate-level cybersecurity job.
Through this CompTIA Certification, you will learn all the essential principles for network security and risk management. These aspects will help you to have a successful IT security career.
The following are the core aspects that you will learn in this Certification.
- You will learn to provide operational information, application & infrastructure level security to the organization.
- You will secure the organization’s network. This will help in the maintenance of the availability, integrity, and confidentiality (CIA) of the organization’s network.
- By the end of the Certification program, you will be able to operate within a given set of rules, policies & regulations.
- Overall, you will be responsible for comprehending the risk in the organization and mitigating the same.
Check out Intellipaat’s CompTIA A+ Certification Training!
CompTIA Network+ (N10-007)
This CompTIA Certification will teach you various fundamental principles required to design & implement functional networks, segment network traffic, troubleshoot, support the creation of virtualized networks, and more. Such fundamental principles include installation, configuration, troubleshooting of network technologies, and more of a similar sort.
Primarily, you will learn the following through this Certification course:
- You will get to know the various features of network protocols and products. These include LANs, WANs, and wireless networks.
- You will be able to comprehend the various functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols.
- You will potentially be skilled to identify threats to the organization’s network security. You will be responsible to find adequate countermeasures and controls as well.
- You will be responsible to install and configure network cabling and appliances.
- Finally, you will create, manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks in the organization.
Enroll in our Cyber Security courses online to learn more about various security topics.
CompTIA Server+ (SK0-004)
This CompTIA certification is designed for system administrators. It teaches them how to build, maintain, troubleshoot, and support server software and hardware tech. This is a mid-level course and it covers advanced concepts of computing. It is best suited for professionals who have about 18-24 months of work experience.
- It is advised to take this Certification up after the A+ Certification as it can teach you the fundamentals of other CompTIA Certifications.
- You’ll need to know how to install, upgrade, maintain, configure, and recover servers.
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
CompTIA Certification opens up various avenues and is a prospering field with evergreen opportunities. The path to becoming a CompTIA certified professional has various routes. You need to adequately evaluate all top CompTIA Certifications and understand the best CompTIA Certifications to choose accordingly. This enables you to enhance your career in your desired field easily.
Check out our CompTIA Security+ Certification Training for Exam SY0-601! Enroll now!