QlikView Tutorial for Beginners
In this QlikView tutorial you will learn QlikView from the basics and understand why it is such a transformational business discovery and data visualization tool. QlikView is extremely powerful when it comes to visually analyzing and drawing relationships from data. It performs in-memory data processing and generates powerful reports. QlikView can read from multiple sources of data including relational databases and flat files. It offers deep insights into the data for businesses and provides some powerful advanced analytical features as well.
This QlikView tutorial is recommended to all those who want to learn QlikView and get ahead in their careers. Software developers, Business Intelligence professionals, business analysts, IT architects, data scientists and data analysts can benefit from this QlikView tutorial.
There are no prerequisites to learn QlikView from this QlikView tutorial.
What is QlikView?
First let us compare QlikView with another business intelligence tool Tableau in this table:
|Implementation time||Very Fast||Fast|
|Scalability||Limited by RAM||Good|
|Support for Big Data||Good||Very Good|
QlikView is the top business intelligence tool used for converting raw data into knowledge. It is extensively used for consolidating, searching and visually analyzing data and converting it into valuable business insights. QlikView offers endless possibilities when it comes to using ad hoc queries and facilitating quick decision-making based on easily accessible information.
Why is QlikView so widely used?
QlikView is being deployed by organizations for deriving fast insights from data. It brings a whole new level of analytical insights into the data stores with interfaces that are extremely user-friendly. QlikView finds the connection between data, relationships and also conducts direct and indirect searches across all data. QlikView is powered by the in-memory computing technology. QlikView is extremely fast and efficient thanks to it being able to overcome the limitations of traditional disk and query-based BI tools. With QlikView you don’t need to use multiple dashboards, reports and analysis as it takes a consolidated approach. You don’t need to stage the data or store it in intermediary formats like cubes and data warehouses thus allowing QlikView to pull data extremely fast. It efficiently integrates the back-end analytic engine with front-end user interface. It also offers associative search to help businesses view only the data that matters to them.
Features of QlikView
Here we list some of the top features of QlikView.
- It instantly manipulates the data sets using in-memory manipulations
- The hardware requirements are completely economical
- It has fast and powerful visualization capabilities
- Even non-technical users can work with ease with this tool
- It offers instant response and is highly scalable
- It offers unlimited dimensions and measures which makes it very flexible
Applications of QlikView
Here in this section of the QlikView tutorial we list some of the important applications of QlikView.
- Analyzing revenue data based on various filters for a large multinational corporation
- Creating a detailed visualization report based on social media response from customers segregated by location
- Taking decisions based on predicting the cause and effect with diagrams on top of historic data
- Blending data coming from disparate sources to visualize how a recent marketing campaign for a business is faring.
Why should you learn QlikView?
QlikView is one of the best tools that is available for visualizing data and creating insightful reports, charts and dashboards. Due to the sheer speed and simplicity with which QlikView accomplishes this, there is a huge interest from organizations to switch to QlikView from their traditional BI reporting tools. Due to this the demand for qualified QlikView professionals is high with salaries on offer being the best in the business intelligence and analytics industry. All these reasons should be a motivation for you to learn QlikView and get ahead in your career.
Table of Content
List of QlikView Advanced Features
1. MORE ABOUT ASSOCIATIONS Creating a system sheet Start QlikView. Choose Open from the File Select the file qvw found in the Advanced folder, then click Open. Choose Add Sheet... from the Layout Name the sheet System, then click Next>. Move the system fields (the ones preceded by a dollar sign, $) to the Read More
Creating a Document
Steps for Creating a Document in QlikView
1. LOADING DATA INTO QLIKVIEW A QlikView document is created by retrieving data from a source, e.g. from a relational database or from text files containing data tables. This retrieval is done by writing and executing a script, in which the database, the tables and the fields to be retrieved are specified. The Read More
Boxes, Objects and Document Properties
Working with QlikView Boxes, Objects and Document Properties
1. MULTI BOXES, TABLE BOXES AND INPUT BOXES Opening the document If you closed the document and exited QlikView after the previous lesson, you need to open it again. Start QlikView by double-clicking the QlikView icon. Select the file you created in the previous chapter, named MyTutorial.qvw or something similar, directly Read More
Charts and Tables
Working with Charts and Tables in QlikView
1. BAR CHARTS AND PIE CHARTS Introduction Charts and tables are sheet objects that can show numbers very compactly. Charts, pivot tables and straight tables are logically the same thing, even though they look different. Hence, we will from here on simply refer to them as charts. Charts can thus be shown as Read More
Sheets and Boxes
Working with Sheets and Boxes in QlikView
1. SHEETS Opening the document If you closed the document and exited QlikView after the previous lesson, you need to open it again. Start QlikView by double-clicking the QlikView icon. Select the file you created in the previous chapter, named MyTutorial.qvw or something similar, directly from the File menu. Interested in mastering Qlik Read More
Introduction – Qlikview Tutorial
What is QlikView? QlikView is a program that makes it possible to retrieve and assimilate data from different sources. Once loaded into the program, the data is presented in a way that is easy to understand and work with. Learn more about the Intellipaat career-oriented QlikView training online now. Flavors of QlikView QlikView Enterprise QlikView Professional QlikView Analyzer Read More