What is SAS?
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) is integrated system that enables us to perform statistical analysis by altering, managing and retrieving data from a variety of sources to develop a software solution.
Importance of SAS
It develop solution for enterprise wide business by performing:
- Data Entry, Retrieval and Management
- Report Creation and Graphics
- Statistical and Mathematical Analysis
- Forecasting, planning and Decision Support
- Research and Management
Looking for Top Jobs in Data Science ? This blog post gives you all the information you need!
Base SAS Software
Base SAS is a programming language designed for data access, transformation and reporting. It’s core of SAS System and it includes
- SAS Procedures (commonly know as PROC)
- Data Step Language
- SAS Macros
- Output Delivery Systems (ODS)
- ODS Graphics
Learn more about SAS in this insightful blog now!
Components of SAS Language:
Basic component of SAS Language are:
- Data Step: To create or modify datasets
- PROC Step: To analyze and process the data in a SAS data set and to present the data in the form of a report
- SAS Statements: SAS program consists of SAS statements, it’s important characteristics are
- Begin with SAS Keyword
- End with semicolon;
Are you new to SAS? Need to install SAS on your Windows /Mac/Linux system; it’s quite easy now if you have Internet connection.
Click Here: http://www.sas.com/en_us/software/university-edition.html and follow the instructions
SAS provide SAS Studio for free which consists of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, SAS/IML, SAS/ETS and SAS/ACCESS
Here are some discussion forums for SAS:
We do have lot of communities in LinkedIn and Facebook.
Learn more about creating Variable Attributes in SAS with this insightful tutorial.
SAS provide certification program for Programmers, Analytics, Data Management and Admin
For Programmers, below certifications are useful.