The success of a business depends on how well it is understood and executed. It is indeed important for the business executives and managers to understand the crux of the business and know it through and through. It can be well argued that the Business Intelligence (BI) and analysis should not be kept confined to the analytical abilities of the Business Analysts. Rather, BI should be well known to the corporate executives and managers, who actually run the business.
Introduction to SAS Visual Analytics
SAS (Statistical Analysis System) introduced the SAS Business Intelligence & Analytics Solution for large enterprises to explore their large datasets in a visually appealing format. SAS analytics is a data analytics tool that is used increasingly in Data Science, Machine learning, and Business Intelligence applications. Not only it equips the organization with all necessary tools to monitor the key BI metrics but also produces powerful analytics and comprehensive reports for its decision makers to take well-informed decisions.
Case Study : How SAS experts transformed the industry
|Data Integration||Integrating data from diverse sources|
|Analyzing on ad hoc basis||OK|
|Strength||Seamlessly combines BI & Analytics|
The Main Features of SAS BI and Analytics are as follows:
1.Visual Data Exploration
Creates compelling reports, charts and visuals from the analyzed data for:
- Easy understanding of complex data
- Spotting unprecedented patterns
- Trend analysis
- Exploring new opportunities
2.Creates insightful & easy Analytics
- Identify correlations
- Spot outliers
- Visualize trends
- Predict future outcomes and trends
Learn SAS in 8 hrs Download Ebook
3.Interactive Dashboards & Self-service, ad-hoc reporting
- Helps create ad-hoc, distribution quality reports all by oneself
- Reports are simple & can be created by management executives themselves
- Built-in data access, mash-up, filtering and data transformation
4.Mobile BI Companion App – BI on the go
- IOS & Android friendly Mobile BI App
- Easy monitoring of business anywhere, anytime, 24/7
- Easy gestures & controls
- Easy access & interaction with dashboards, charts & report
5.Easy Integration with Office like Excel, Outlook
- Access SAS BI and Analytics through Microsoft Office
- Create reports using Microsoft Office
- Distribution of reports through Office
- Story boards or narratives creation
Learn more about SAS tool in this comprehensive SAS Tutorial now!
Benefits of SAS BI & Analytics
- SAS Visual Analytics helps in generating powerful insights and analysis of big data of an enterprise in an easy way such that the business users themselves can draw inference out of the analytics thus, off-loading the IT team of this burden. This tool enables them to identify trends, spot correlation among data, isolate the outliers, realize the exceptions, unearth the root cause of such variations and come up with some new ideas and insights which they were not aware of.
- SAS Visual Data Exploration helps in creating visuals which are appealing and grab the interest of the business users, who may not have found such data interesting otherwise. This tool analyses big data and represents them in the form of graphs, charts and other compelling visuals, thereby making it easy for the business users to draw information and inferences out of it. This in turn helps them understand their business thoroughly and take decisions informed decisions.
- Consistency in data is maintained through centrally managed data, security and shared metadata. The reliability of the outputs is ensured and the results can be traced back to the data sources.
- It utilizes in-memory and distributed processing, thereby making the analysis of huge database prompt. This tool also helps in predictive data modeling.
- It provides a collaborative environment- Business Executives like using Microsoft Excel & other Office tools. This feature enables the business users to access SAS BI and Analytics and create reports using Microsoft Office.They can also distribute such reports through Office. Though creation of story boards and narratives decision makers an exchange crucial information and ideas.
SAS Mobile BI helps the business managers and executives access the dashboards and reports from remote locations or while travelling. Thus, it is always possible to be in touch with important business insights.
Check the top SAS Interview Questions to learn what is expected from SAS professionals!
Who is the right audience to learn this technology?
This course can be taken up by software developers, business intelligence, analytics, ETL, SQL, data warehouse, mainframe and testing professionals.
How will this technology help you in your career growth?
Business Intelligence and Analytics have become a necessity for all medium and large-scale companies worldwide. SAS is a leader in this domain holding a maximum market share for advanced analytics. The demand for SAS BI and Analytics professionals are on a steep rise as more and more companies are adopting SAS BI and Analytics software all across the globe. SAS BI and Analytics job are flooding the global market with great packages offered by most of them. According to a research by indeed.com job portal, the average salary of a Principal SAS professional in the USA, as of Dec 2016, is USD 120,000 per annum.
Thus, it can be concluded that going for the SAS BI and Analytics course will not only add a feather to your knowledge cap but also increase your demand as a professional in this tough market. Business Intelligence and Analytics is such an area whose growth will never cease to increase. Thus, being equipped with the knowledge of one of the market leaders, SAS, will ensure a stable future for its professionals.
Looking for Top-notch SAS Training?