Updating from 0.7
Release 0.7 is incompatible with newer releases. Most important changes were made to the API and ZooKeeper to add replication.The update from 0.7 to later versions requires a special tool for relocation. This relocation can be done without downtime.
Read these Top Trending Kafka Interview Q’s now that helps you grab high-paying jobs !
Updating from 0.8.0 to 0.8.1
0.8.1 is fully compatible with 0.8. The next version can be done one broker at a time by simply bringing it down, updating the code, and restarting it.
The updated version of Kafka i.e. 0.9.0.0 has got a lot of positive changes.
Latest version of Kafka:
Advantageous changes in 0.9.0.0
- Java 1.6 is not supported long time.
- Scala 2.9 is also not supported long time.
- The server configuration is consequent.
- No more configuration parameter present.
- Its replica refers to the time last updated
- Key less messages will quit, hence security has increased.
- All logging messages will be lighter now
- The larger Ids are automatically allocated server IDs
Looking for Top Jobs ? This blog post gives you all the information you need !