Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition is a popular and comprehensive BI tool to deliver a full range of data analysis and present reports using a unified, contemporary and scalable architecture. OBIEE has the excellent abilities for reporting, analysis, ad hoc query, Online Analysis Processing (OLAP), dashboards and scorecards.
Why do enterprises prefer and trust OBIEE even though we have several other efficient and effective BI tools and suites? You must know that OBIEE gives immense ease to operate and implement it via web-based interactive workspaces, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, mobile devices and Microsoft Office applications. Moreover, the hierarchy drilling feature of this tool is yet another remarkable service making it a widely-used choice of enterprises. Graphical reporting and global support and development capabilities serve as a cherry on the cake both for consumers/clients and business groups.
Following points will better explain you the importance of OBIEE:
- Allows creating new deductions or altering existing ones without IT assistance
- Just-in-time data updating within third-party vendors, like Microsoft applications
- Maps and spatial visualizations allow monitoring the analytics.
OBIEE vs Tableau
Similar to OBIEE, Tableau is another business intelligence tool that allows visualizing the data. However there are certain cases when OBIEE outperforms Tableau. Read below to find out:
|More stable||Less stable|
|Enterprise-wide solution||Point solution|
|Writeback feature supported||Writeback feature not supported|
|Auditing done on reports||Trial and Testing done on reports|
Check this Intellipaat OBIEE training to get a hands-on learning experience in one of the top BI tools.
If you are looking to remove redundancy in report generation and save your time in applying the data analysis and report creation techniques, this business intelligence platform is the right fit and thus, important to learn and master. We have developed a technically-rich OBIEE interview questions to assist the Data Analysts and Business Intelligence Developers and let them enhance their skill set. Well-explained using illustrations, you can take a quick tour and gain understanding of several core functionalities and processes used in BI and then apply them to your live data analytics projects and assignments.
Get the OBIEE developer training for getting ahead in your career now.
Gratifying the business requirements and promoting faster business decisions, this OBIEE tutorial is designed to train you on basics, intermediate-level and advanced concepts serving the larger audiences. Each topic is described in detail window by window and using various real-time examples, which is certainly going to help you implement OBIEE processes in your organizational projects.
- You will learn to use SQL analytic functions – the native Oracle features that you can use immediately after database installation
- The tutorial further explains multidimensional data analysis using SQL through step-by-step process, which includes creating schema, populating tables and receive the respective query results
- Launching SQLPlus and Discovered Administrator and exploring the Discoverer Plus IDE.
- Next is analyzing data and learning how to create Region Parameter
- Exceeding your expectations, this learning package facilitates pivoting through data, i.e. creating crosstab worksheet in Discoverer Plus and creating calculations
- You will also be able to customize the worksheet layout by using various OBIEE services
- Next is drilling down and drilling up the data and worksheet items to summarize it at a higher level
- Later in this tutorial, you will be able to perform advanced analysis on worksheets by entering dynamic input values and thus, creating effective reports.
This Intellipaat OBIEE online training video will better equip you with understanding OBIEE basics.
- Business Intelligence Professionals and ETL Developers
- Project Managers, Database Professionals, Mainframe Professionals, SQL Developers
- Professionals aspiring to become Business Object Professionals and Business Intelligence Professionals
- Entry-level trainees who want to build their careers in Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database will be beneficial while learning this tutorial.