Acronym for SQL Server Analysis Services, SSAS is a revered BI tool for developing Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) solutions. In more technical terms, it enables users and analysts to create cubes by extracting data from data marts or data warehouses, thereby ensuring profound and swifter analysis.
Get the SSAS online training for improving your chances of getting hired by top companies.
Learn SSAS in 8 hrs. Download e-book now
Offering multidimensional analysis with powerful data mining capabilities, SSAS involves efficient configuration of schemas in Business Intelligence Development. The demand for SSAS or MDX professionals is increasing among leading IT organizations. Companies are hiring expert OLAP Cube Developers at excellent salaries in the market.
Key features of SSAS
In order to understand SSAS in a better way its key features should be highlighted at first:
|Speed||Shorter query response time due to aggregation of facts|
|Data analysis||Allows multi-dimensional analysis facilitated by cubes|
|Automatic link and display||Able to automatically link and display the reports|
|Good data model||Capable of creating a good data model for better business reporting and analysis|
Some of the additional functionalities that will give you a clearer view about this concept are:
- Ensures the integrity of data by automatic back-up
- A web browser and internet access is sufficient; no additional software required
- Organizational data is secured with SSAS solutions
- Accessible anytime and anywhere through internet.
Intellipaat has designed this SSAS tutorial to cater the learning needs of large audience worldwide and help you step ahead in your BI career. It includes expansive description of SSAS features and components, allowing you to implement them on your projects and deliver best OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) solutions.
Download latest questions asked on SSAS in top MNC's ?
Check this riveting Intellipaat blog that talks about the top advantages of MSBI of which SSAS is a part.
What will you learn?
- In the first place, the tutorial provides an introduction to MDX (Multidimensional) Query language to help you retrieve data from multidimensional databases.
- Focused on providing an interactive learning environment, we have imbued loads of examples in this section so that you can understand the basics better and faster and permanently commit them to your memory.
- The next segment of this tutorial aims at explaining Data Sources and Data Source Views working with data. It also explains OLE DB data Providers and how to design Data Source Views (DSV) through a step-by-step process.
- You will also see a detailed description of Data Views – an important section of SSAs. It further includes working with MDX Queries and understanding Cube specifications.
- Software Architects, ETL Developers and Data Specialists
- Business Reporting Professionals
- Entry-level developers and advanced data professionals eager to build career in Business Intelligence and Data Analytics
- Basic IT and Operating System knowledge
- A brief idea of reporting capabilities of MicroStrategy Desktop
- Prior knowledge of any other data analytics and reporting tool can be beneficial