The AWS Developer Associate is one of Amazon’s three associate-level certifications, the other two being AWS Solutions Architect and AWS SysOps Administrator Associate. Having the AWS CDA certification will validate your skills and expertise in solving problems and implementing solutions leveraging Amazon’s cloud-based platform. As an aspirant, you must be able to:
- Showcase your understanding of key AWS services, applications, and the best practices for AWS architecture.
- Demonstrate your core cloud expertise in developing, deploying, and debugging AWS cloud-based applications.
How to prepare for the AWS Certified Associate Developer exam?
The exam is structured in a certain manner that will test your core knowledge related to the AWS products and services. Therefore, if you do not have any hands-on experience in working with the AWS line of products/services, then it is better that you start with the AWS Foundation Certification Course, i.e., AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. If you have substantive hands-on expertise in implementing AWS solutions, then all you need to do is upskill your knowledge as per the AWS CDA curriculum.
To know more about various AWS go through this video:
How to study for the AWS Certified Developer – Associate 2019 exam?
The average salary of an AWS Certified Developer – Associate is US$112,984. Thus, having the AWS Developer certification will help you grow in your career. Now, you can prepare for this exam in two different ways:
- Online AWS Developer Associate Certification Training: If you choose to make your career as AWS Developer Associate, then the best way to do it is to enroll yourself in an industry-recognized online training program. One such leading AWS Developer Certified Training provider is Intellipaat. Our course curriculum is specially designed to help you clear the AWS CDA exam with flying colors. You will gain substantive expertise on many AWS concepts such as data redundancy, EC2, load balancing, AWS auto-scaling, AWS API gateway, IAM, and more. You will also execute many real-world projects that will enable you to learn solving AWS-related business problems. Therefore, after the course completion, you will be geared up to start your career in AWS.
- Self-preparation: You can also prepare for the exam by yourself. All you have to do is collate the best AWS Developer Associate exam repositories. You can choose Intellipaat’s AWS Developer Certification self-paced course that will allow you to study at your own pace. You will also have lifetime access to the course content!
AWS Certified Developer – Associate Learning Path
This AWS Certified Developer – Associate learning path will allow you to learn how to develop cloud applications under AWS. Upon the completion of the topics, you will enhance your technical skills and chart your actual progress.
AWS Certified Developer – Associate (DVA-C01) Exam Content
In the AWS CDA exam, you will face two types of questions:
- Multiple-choice questions
- Multiple-response questions
Minimum passing marks: 720 (out of 1000)
Content weightage in the AWS Certified Developer – Associate Certification exam
|Development with AWS Services
|AWS Monitoring and Troubleshooting
Go through the AWS Developer Certification Course to get a clear understanding of Amazon Web Services and the course modules!
What is waiting for you in the exam?
From memory size to debugging errors, there is a lot of information that you have to retain to sit for the exam. If the online AWS Developer Associate course that you enroll yourself in includes projects, then you must work on them. This will help you visualize the key concepts that you learn. Also, you will be able to apply your AWS skills in real-world business problems and learn how to solve them.
Are you looking for tips to crack the AWS Cloud Interview? Watch this video:
Practice as much as possible!
Most of the questions that appear in the exam are similar to the previously asked questions. Thus, practicing as much as you can eventually increases the chance of scoring higher.
Furthermore, the AWS Certified Developer – Associate (DVA-C01) exam is updated from time to time. Therefore, be sure to look for the updates and sync your preparation accordingly.
We have collated a comprehensive list of modules/topics that you may expect in the exam:
- Core AWS services
- AWS architecture, infrastructure, and best practices
- AWS S3, EC2, and Amazon DynamoDB
- SQS and its working
- DynamoDB and S3 performance optimization
- Local/global secondary indexes
- DynamoDB partition keys
- S3 CORS and encryption
- Languages compatible with specific AWS services
- SQS min/max timeouts
- IAM users, groups, roles, and inline policies
- Various methods of resources (policies, ACLs, etc.) restriction
- Questions on subnets, routing tables, VPCs, and NAT Gateways
- Authenticating with LDAP and Web Identity Federation
- EC2 instances launch and encryption
- HTTP error codes
Learn about the tools used by developers in our blog on AWS Developer Tools!
If you are a software developer looking to make a successful transition into AWS as AWS Developer, then you must be aware of some of the aforementioned topics. Now, to check your preparation or AWS knowledge, we strongly recommend to take an AWS Developer Associate practice exam.
An AWS Associate-level exam will test your advanced AWS skills and experience in developing AWS-based applications. Please note that this certification exam is not easy and it requires advanced knowledge. However, if you have considerable practical experience, you can be sure to pass the AWS Associate-level exam in one try.
At Intellipaat, we offer a comprehensive AWS Certified Developer Associate Training that will allow you to learn various key aspects of AWS such as Elastic Cloud Compute, Virtual Private Cloud, Simple Storage Service, auto-scaling, load balancing, Aurora database service, and more. You will also work on several AWS projects that will validate your skills. So, what are you waiting for? Enroll in our AWS Developer Certification Training to fast-track your career.
If you have any doubts related to AWS Certified Developer – Associate certification, then get them clarified from AWS-certified experts on our AWS Community!