As per the latest data from Indeed, the demand for professionals with appropriate AI skills has more than doubled in the past 3 years, and the number of Artificial Intelligence job vacancies has increased by 119 percent. Evidently, the number of AI jobs in the United States alone is almost 4,000! This is almost double than last year.
How to get into Artificial Intelligence?
First, you should have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, Data Science, etc. If you are pursuing an undergraduate program, then you can easily get an entry-level AI job by having an industry-validated Artificial Intelligence course certificate.
Watch this Artificial Intelligence Video Tutorial for Beginners to Get Started:
We have elucidated the roadmap to becoming an AI Engineer in the following three sections:
How to get started with Artificial Intelligence?
To get started, you have to choose your learning path, which means that you need to choose how you will learn the key concepts of AI.
Online certification: There are many online AI courses available in the market today. A few are aimed at covering the basics of AI, whereas others are project-based AI courses. Before choosing any of the online courses, you have to keep your goals in line with the curriculum that the course offers.
You would be glad to know that Intellipaat’s is designed keeping in mind the current market needs related to AI. Enrolling in our course will help you gain substantial hands-on experience in solving real-world AI business problems.
Skills to Master to Get Artificial Intelligence Jobs
Robotics, automation, autonomous cars, space research, etc. are some of the areas where you can make your Artificial Intelligence career. Aspirants who wish to work in these fields need special skills, including mathematical, analytical, programming, statistical, and engineering skills. Furthermore, communication skills are also important for conveying how to use AI services effectively in a specific business environment. Now, to gain these AI skills, you can enroll yourself in a well-rounded AI certification course.
To gain an in-depth knowledge of AI, check out our Artificial Intelligence Tutorial!
Some of the must-have AI skills are:
Technical Skills to get jobs in AI
- Programming languages, including R, Python, Java, C++, etc.
- Linear algebra, statistics, and calculus
- Natural language processing
- Neural network architecture
Non-technical Skills to get AI jobs
- Business acumen
- Industry knowledge
- Communication and collaboration skills
- Critical thinking
If you have any questions relating to AI, technical or non-technical, just put it on our Artificial Intelligence Community. We will get them clarified as soon as possible.
Artificial Intelligence Careers
Learners interested in a career in Artificial Intelligence should explore various opportunities offered in this field. A successful career in AI can be realized in a variety of settings, including public organizations, private establishments, arts, healthcare, agriculture, government agencies, research, and more. The scope of AI is still debated and the growth rate is very high.
As of now, there are over 2,000 Artificial Intelligence job openings on Indeed. Take a look at the various job roles that you may acquire after making a career transition to AI.
- Computer Scientists
- Computer Engineers
- Algorithm Experts
- Data Scientists
- Research Scientists
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Engineering consultants
- AI professionals with expertise in robotics
- Medical consultants working with AI-enabled healthcare devices, including artificial limbs, hearing aids, etc.
- Military consultants working with drones and flight simulators
- Business Intelligence (BI) Developers, and more
AI Engineer Job Responsibilities
Here is a quick overview of the common roles and responsibilities of an AI Engineer:
- End-to-end ownership and accountability of AI responsibilities
- Creating data transformation infrastructure
- AI solutions’ development as per company standards
- Articulating complex technical requirements and showcasing them to stakeholders in simple language
- Collecting data and information to define business pain points
- Linking proper AI methodologies to the identified business challenges
- Scaling AI and leveraging open-sourced technologies to solve business problems
- Collaborating with other technical teams to implement the developed solutions
- Properly executing the AI agenda
- Building and deploying AI models, and more
Interested in learning Artificial Intelligence? Check out the Artificial Intelligence Training in Sydney!
Top Companies Hiring AI Engineers
As per Indeed, here is a list of leading companies that pay top salaries to AI Engineers:
- Wells Fargo
- Facebook, etc.
Go through Intellipaat’s Artificial Intelligence Interview Questions now to start preparing for AI job interviews!
One of the common traits that every successful AI Engineer has is the ability to think analytically. This allows them to interpret an outcome based on various parameters, thus, enabling them to come up with cost-effective solutions. Apart from the aforementioned technical AI skills, you should have the technical know-how to plan, design, and maintain a software program. Along with this, you should also learn to translate technical information or insights so that others can also understand and relate them to the business.
After learning the key technical and non-technical AI Engineering skills, you need to enroll yourself in an industry-recognized Artificial Intelligence Course to ensure a smooth transition to AI. To help you with this, we have a well-designed AI course that lets you master the key AI concepts with hands-on experience on AI tools. So, why wait? Sign up now!
For more information on how to build a career as an AI Engineer or Artificial Intelligence jobs, please leave a comment. We will contact you immediately.
- Machine Learning with Python
- Make your business agile with Hadoop-as-a-Service (HaaS)
- Gain competitive advantage with NoSQL databases