The following topics will be covered in this blog:
Check out this Salesforce tutorial for beginners
Why Choose a Career in Salesforce?
Being one of the fastest-growing CRM platforms in the world, Salesforce has attracted some of the best talents from the industry. Some of the major reasons for opting for a career in Salesforce are:
- Salesforce, as a domain, has a lot to offer to those who have the required skill set. A career in Salesforce gives candidates a high earning potential not only in the present but also in the future. Why we say future is because getting an opportunity to work in any of the Salesforce roles helps the candidate to gain a strong skill set. Hence, he/she can aim for higher salaries after getting experience.
- Salesforce provides access to multiple training programs and encourages its employees to aim for learning more and more skills.
- Also, there are endless career opportunities for candidates once they gain experience in Salesforce. In an industry where recruiters demand practical expertise, a career in Salesforce will surely help you in meeting this expectation of the hiring companies.
- Another important reason which is preferred by many is that Salesforce is 100% cloud, i.e. everything happens online. This allows employees to work from the comfort of their home, which has become a favorite work model for millions.
- Last but not least, Salesforce is one of the most stable career options in the market. It is a candidate-driven industry, i.e. skilled professionals decide the salary bars, culture, working process, etc. Hence, the domain is a lot more stable when compared to recruiter-driven industries.
Check out our Salesforce course now and become a certified Salesforce professional!
What are the various Job Roles in Salesforce?
As already mentioned above, Salesforce offers diverse career options and growth trajectories to its employees. Some of the major ones have been discussed below:
Salesforce Administrators are the professionals who maximize the profit-making capabilities of businesses by automating complex business processes. They are also referred to as Salesforce Admins and are given the key responsibilities of managing and controlling the new releases of Salesforce.
Job Roles and Responsibilities of Salesforce Administrators:
The job roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Administrator include:
- Workflow management
- Managing the Salesforce role hierarchy
- Carrying out Platform customizations
- Salesforce platform Security and Data management
- Creation of Dashboards and Reports
- Managing and controlling automated processes
- Access / Permissions control
- Conducting new user training
- Setting up new user accounts
Learn more about Salesforce from this Salesforce tutorial for beginners!
Salesforce Business Analyst
These professional roles are responsible for initiating and implementing the entire end-to-end processes of Salesforce. The role of a Salesforce Business Analyst is more data-driven than that of a Salesforce Administrator. The Salesforce Business Analysts are usually domain-focused, i.e. functional. A major part of their job routine involves working with the Salesforce Administrator. Salesforce BAs are engaged in researching, collating, and gathering useful data and converting it into smart Salesforce user-friendly solutions.
Jobs and Responsibilities of a Salesforce BA
The job role of a Salesforce BA is enlisted below:
- Implementing and running Salesforce processes
- Analyzing the Salesforce implementations
- Handling external and internal liasoning
- Managing Salesforce projects
- Defining project goals and objectives
- Documenting data and requirements
Salesforce Developers’ expertise in API integration and coding. These professionals are responsible for designing complex workflows and validation rules along with managing legacy platform integrations. Salesforce Developers is one of the roles in Salesforce which has a large number of vacancies every year. The reason behind this is, that Salesforce Developers are additionally skilled to manage data and page layout enhancements too. Usually, they come with strong programming skills and have a good knowledge of the Cloud. This combination is also one of the reasons behind the high number of vacancies every year.
Job Roles and Responsibilities of a Salesforce Developer
Now let us have a look at what constitutes the job description of a Salesforce Developer:
- Development of APEX
- Creating Visualforce pages
- App testing
- Designing complex workflows
- Trigger management
- Designing Salesforce Lightning components
- Managing Salesforce Integration
- Data Review
- Driving technical solutions for business teams
- Reviewing customized data
- Technical Data adjustments
Preparing for job interviews? Have a look at our Salesforce interview questions now!
Salesforce Consultants are the professionals who are responsible for carrying out various Salesforce client projects and guiding/assisting them with Salesforce solutions and benefits. They are like the face of the Salesforce organization for these clients. The role of Salesforce Consultants is more like a lone warrior as they are usually not involved with other Salesforce professionals such as Salesforce Admins etc. Instead, Salesforce Developers work with end-users, i.e. the clients.
Job Role and Responsibilities of a Salesforce Consultant
The main job roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Consultant are as follows:
- Partner and other Stakeholders’ management
- Understanding the client’s requirements
- Record and manage the client requirements
- Providing the team with solution design guidance
- Assisting the team by suggesting the right customizations
- Record and manage the client solutions
- Hands-on configuration of the Salesforce platform
- Provide assistance to the Salesforce Development team
- Training new and existing users
- Solution delivery
- Understanding of the expected outcome of the project.
Salesforce Platform Manager
These Salesforce professionals are those who have all the ground-level knowledge of Salesforce processes but manage them strategically. However, when and if required, Salesforce Platform Managers will perform the roles of Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce Developers, etc. The Salesforce Platform Manager performs all the upper-level management work and usually heads a team consisting of Salesforce Developers, Salesforce Administrators, etc. The sole responsibility of a Salesforce Manager is on time and effective delivery of the project with the right solution.
Job Roles and Responsibilities of a Salesforce Platform Manager
Even though the roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Platform Manager might differ in various organizations, some of the basic responsibilities include:
- Act as the liaison for Salesforce platforms.
- Cross-team collaboration
- Task Management
- Partners and Stakeholders Management
- Feedback analysis
- Monitoring and managing new releases of Salesforce
Get 100% Hike!
Master Most in Demand Skills Now !
Salesforce Solution Architect
A Salesforce Solution Architect is largely responsible for designing a solution as per the client’s requirement and with an objective to solve complex business problems. He/she carefully analyzes the available Salesforce resources and designs an ideal solution for the client with these given resources. Salesforce Solution Architects are experts in the platform and hold multiple certifications in Salesforce too, which makes them highly knowledgeable and in-demand professionals.
Job Role and Responsibilities of a Salesforce Solution Architect
The job role and responsibilities of a Salesforce Solution Architect are given below:
- Initiating the project and planning the end-to-end flow.
- Final delivery of the Projects / Solutions.
- Managing technical teams including the Project team.
- Solution Designing
- Identifying Client requirements
- Conducting pre-sales meet
- Business Development for increased growth
- Resource analysis and their allocation for projects
- Managing testing.
In the blog, we read about the various reasons behind choosing a career in Salesforce and the major roles and responsibilities of different job titles. Salesforce is one of the most rewarding careers in the industry and hence we hope that this will help you in deciding your career path in Salesforce.