OBIEE tutorial for beginners
This introduction to OBIEE tutorial is helpful for beginners to learn the various components of OBIEE, creating, editing, maintain objects in the presentation layer of OBIEE repository, Oracle fusion middleware and more. This tutorial also includes use cases, practical applications to help you learn this top business intelligence tool. Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition is a popular and comprehensive BI tool to deliver a full range of data analysis and present reports using a unified, contemporary and scalable architecture. OBIEE has the excellent abilities for reporting, analysis, ad hoc query, Online Analysis Processing (OLAP), dashboards and scorecards.
Why do enterprises prefer and trust OBIEE even though we have several other efficient and effective BI tools and suites? You must know that OBIEE gives immense ease to operate and implement it via web-based interactive workspaces, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications, mobile devices, and Microsoft Office applications. Moreover, the hierarchy drilling feature of this tool is yet another remarkable service making it a widely-used choice of enterprises. Graphical reporting and global support and development capabilities serve as a cherry on the cake both for consumers/clients and business groups.
Following points will better explain you the importance of OBIEE:
- Allows creating new deductions or altering existing ones without IT assistance
- Just-in-time data updating within third-party vendors, like Microsoft applications
- Maps and spatial visualizations allow monitoring the analytics.
OBIEE vs Tableau
Similar to OBIEE, Tableau is another business intelligence tool that allows visualizing the data. However, there are certain cases when OBIEE outperforms Tableau. Read below to find out:
|More stable||Less stable|
|Enterprise-wide solution||Point solution|
|Writeback feature supported||Writeback feature not supported|
|Auditing done on reports||Trial and Testing done on reports|
Check this Intellipaat OBIEE training to get a hands-on learning experience in one of the top BI tools.
If you are looking to remove redundancy in report generation and save your time in applying the data analysis and report creation techniques, this business intelligence platform is the right fit and thus, important to learn and master. We have developed technically-rich OBIEE interview questions to assist the Data Analysts and Business Intelligence Developers and let them enhance their skill set. Well-explained using illustrations, you can take a quick tour and gain understanding of several core functionalities and processes used in BI and then apply them to your live data analytics projects and assignments.
OBIEE Tutorial Video
Get the OBIEE developer training for getting ahead in your career now.
Gratifying the business requirements and promoting faster business decisions, this OBIEE tutorial is designed to train you on basics, intermediate-level and advanced concepts serving the larger audiences. Each topic is described in detail window by window and using various real-time examples, which is certainly going to help you implement OBIEE processes in your organizational projects.
- You will learn to use SQL analytic functions – the native Oracle features that you can use immediately after database installation
- The tutorial further explains multidimensional data analysis using SQL through a step-by-step process, which includes creating schema, populating tables and receive the respective query results
- Launching SQLPlus and Discovered Administrator and exploring the Discoverer Plus IDE.
- Next is analyzing data and learning how to create Region Parameter
- Exceeding your expectations, this learning package facilitates pivoting through data, i.e. creating crosstab worksheet in Discoverer Plus and creating calculations
- You will also be able to customize the worksheet layout by using various OBIEE services
- Next is drilling down and drilling up the data and worksheet items to summarize it at a higher level
- Later in this tutorial, you will be able to perform advanced analysis on worksheets by entering dynamic input values and thus, creating effective reports.
This Intellipaat OBIEE online training video will better equip you with understanding OBIEE basics.
- Business Intelligence Professionals and ETL Developers
- Project Managers, Database Professionals, Mainframe Professionals, SQL Developers
- Professionals aspiring to become Business Object Professionals and Business Intelligence Professionals
- Entry-level trainees who want to build their careers in Analytics and Business Intelligence
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database will be beneficial while learning this tutorial.
Table of Contents
Advanced Analysis and Reporting
Working with Advanced Analysis and Reporting on OBIEE Tool
Analyzing worksheets by entering dynamic input values: The following steps will walk you through the process of creating a month parameter: In the Discoverer Plus menu, choose Tools | Parameters… to launch the Edit Worksheet dialog at the Parameters the Parameters tab of the Edit Worksheet dialog, click the New… button Read More
Pivoting Through Data
How to Perform Pivot through OBIEE Data?
Creating a crosstab worksheet in Discoverer Plus: The following steps will walk you through the process of creating a crosstab worksheet: On the first screen of the wizard, select the Crosstab radio button, leaving all the other settings at their default: Click Next to continue. Check the Intellipaat OBIEE online training video to Read More
Drilling Data Up and Down
Drill Up Or Drill Down with OBIEE Data
Drilling is a technique that enables you to quickly navigate through worksheet data, finding the answers to the questions facing your business. The drilling to detail technique enables you to look at the values making up a particular summary value. Also, you can drill to related items, adding related information that is Read More
Warehousing for Analysis and Reporting
Getting started with Oracle Warehouse Builder
Oracle Warehouse Builder offers a set of graphical user interfaces allowing you to implement a data store, either relational or dimensional, integrating and consolidating data from a variety of data sources. During building such a data store, also called a warehouse, you create a set of metadata objects within a workspace hosted on an Read More
Introducing Oracle Business Intelligence
Oracle Business Intelligence
allows us to go beyond simple database-driven applications with the help of SQL queries to derive information from the data being collected and stored. is implemented as a collection of components grouped into suites, which are part of either Oracle Application Server or Oracle Fusion Middleware. Learn more in this Intellipaat Read More
Working with Database Data
Working with OBIEE Database Objects
Using analytic SQL functions: Analytic SQL is one of those Oracle Database native features that you can start using immediately after installing the database. For example, you might need to know how many employees in your organization have been working for the company for 15 years or more. In this example, you might query the Read More
Analyzing Data and Creating Reports
Analyzing OBIEE Data and Creating Reports
The following are the steps of creating such an EUL with the help of Discoverer Administrator: Launch SQLPlus, connecting to the database /as sysdba Then, issue the following GRANT command: GRANT CREATE VIEW TO usr; After issuing the above command, you can quit SQLPlus Launch Discoverer Administrator by clicking Start | Programs | Oracle Read More