Informatica Power Center Architecture
- It is a service oriented Architecture .
- It provides capability to share service and resource across several machines.
The following services form the Informatica Power Center processing engine:
Integration Service –
- It performs and executes the ETL logic.
Repository Service –
- It handles connectivity to the metadata repositories where mapping and workflow descriptions are stored.
Repository Service Process
- This is a multi threaded procedure that insert, updates and retrieves warehouse metadata.
- Repository is like a database which holds the ETL metadata.
Browse our Informatica training course to learn more now.
Informatica client applications are a type of desktop tools which produces transformations, handles metadata, performs ETL process and observes them.
- Designer– This developer tool is used for the development of ETL mappings.
- Workflow Manager – It used to run mapping and it has a variety of task to manager source and target and running workflows.
- Workflow Monitor– It is used to monitor execution of workflow and session.
- Repository Manager– It is a tool used to deal with source or targets connections.
- Administrator console– It is a web based tool. It executes domain and warehouse service tasks like achieve backups, configure services, etc.
Read these Top Trending Informatica Interview Q’s that helps you grab high-paying jobs !