Hardware requirements for MSBI
- GHz Pentium – III compatible (or) faster processor (2GHZ or fast recommended)
- 512 MB of RAM or more than 2 GB
- 1 GB free hard disk space for SQL Server installation files and samples
Software requirements for MSBI
A Compatible OS (operating system.)
- Click “Setup” –> Select the first option when the window opened, i.e.,features added or New SQL, New SQL Server stand-alone installation
- Click on the –> Components required
- Instance Configuration.
- Server configuration
Identify the same account, password for every below services (or) different user id, password for each service.
We need to install SQL Server and SQL Server tools before learning SQL Server MSBI. Download the enterprise edition using below link. www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-sql-server-2014
Select option depends on your system configuration.
Select language which you preferred to download the ISO image.
Extract the ISO image , select the edition .Before proceeding to installation process it’s checking for the problems.
And select below option among these three.
- SQL Server Feature Installation
- SQL Server Power for SharePoint
- All Features with Defaults
Select the features: by default its checked all features.
Once all feature rules are passed successfully,click on the next.
Select the default option in instance configuration.
Service credential settings
Select windows authentication mode in database engine configuration.
In analysis services configuration select server mode as multidimensional and data mining mode.
We need to install SQL sever data tools. SQL server for storing data creating table writing store and procedure etc. For data Extraction, transformation, loading ,reporting,analysis we are using data tools
SQL Server data tools installation:
Using the below link you can install the data tools
Now installation process will initiate
Click on Next –> Finish.