Top Answers to Qliksense Interview Questions
|Type of analytics||Guided analytics||Self-service analytics|
|Mobile discovery & exploration||Good||Excellent|
|IT managed dashboard||Excellent||Good|
|Quick visualization & sharing||Average||Very Good|
- Self Service data visualization application that empowers you to search and explore vast amounts of data to discover insights of the organization. It uses analytics and Discovery of data. With Qlik Sense, a company can create elastic, interactive visualizations and make meaningful decisions.
- It is fast and easy
- Redefines how you access, create and share insight
- Faster time to insight anyone, anytime, anywhere on any device.
By intelligently summarizing the vast amount of complex data by using graph kind of search sense where each Qlik instantly updates data. It has rich visual data insights that help in rules-based security and governance.
Learn QlikSense in 16 hrs from experts
- Linear,Predefined thinking
- Deep insight not followed
- Many days to change
- Info storing
Eg. Region -State-Product-Sales Person(in specific order)
- Follows User
- All data, always visible
- Minutes to change
- Insight driven
Eg. Product-State-Region-SalesPerson and in any order (here the relation need not be 1 to 1; it can be in any unorganized manner)
Setting up the basic setting which will be done for all solution is mentioned here
Sample Table Structure
Id SampleName Branch State Location
- Sample1 branch1 state1 india
- Sample2 branch2 state2 us
Now I want to create a cyclic drill containing
Loading info and creating in order load
Drill_below: load * inline [ SampleName, SampleName_Label Branch, Branch Name State, State Name Location, Location Name ];
Once data is loaded there are 2 ways to view drill_below inFilter (available in sense app)
It is good but wouldn’t able to get the default value and multiple selections may be enabled. Although this works in a way where client won’t care if first load drill is visible and selected.
Much more are available use which ever fits your criteria
Now We have drill selection ready now to link chart to the Drill.
Thus we have selected drill to connect chart to drill
Have two following ways:
- Use if condition
- Use Pick Match
As the above two are obvious, if the info is large, creates lag in chart reloads,
Thus the following approach,
Uses the following function capabilities, in Size, Create dimension
Hence create the measure as per requirements; gives the cyclic group.
This is the most simple way to use R with Qlik: Enlarging R is the idea behind this, and transfer to a respective folder that Qlik sense is gonna read and thus loads the data. Initially, you need to download and install R, later after choosing analysis, mention on the prescribed script, the place to store the results.
After this, to always run, you need to refresh your analysis, after creating a .exe file.
Thus code needs to be:”add path to R \R\add R VERSION(num.num)\bin\R.exe”
“add path to Intellipaatscript\Intellipaatscript.R”
“add path over hereIntellipaatreport\Intellipaatreport.txt”
The data manager is managing and adding data from various sources or from data market of qlik which is visible in apps too. Whether you added them to add data or loaded using scripts. Each table is displayed using table name, data field and source.
Either you can add data table from data manager or by various data sources
- By connections: Select from data connections which were earlier defined by the user or administrator and folders from where it is selected.
- Connect my Data: Select from a new data source such ODBC or OLE , connectors, web files or data files.
- Qlikdatamarket: Select from the public or normalized commercial databases.
- Attaching a file: Upload file from computer or through an app.
When you create a data connection to the SQL server, the data connection may stop working when there is a restart of SQL server.Qlik sense has lost connection to SQL server and not able to reconnect.
Upon restarting from the hub Qlik sense works and also closing all apps and restarting Qlik sense desktop resolve the issue.
Qlik Sense Charts is another software as a service (SaaS) offering from Qlik which allows Qlik Sense visualizations to be easily shared on websites and social media. Charts have limited interaction and allow users to explore and discover.
The ability to create and edit apps is available to all users. Users can upload flat file data and connect to QlikDataMarket. Users can then create, edit and augment apps they own. Users cannot augment or edit apps create by other users.
Yes, the data is encrypted on Qlik Sense Cloud. Also, the Credentials and data are encrypted ‘in flight’ (using SSL).
When two or more fields in a data table are in common this enables the composite key relationship. Qlik sense makes it by providing synthetic keys automatically. The keys are anonymous keys that represent all occurring composite key of the combination. However, multiple synthetic keys are often related to wrong data model but not necessarily.
To avoid synthetic keys, there are ways to solve this in data load script.
- Keys that are to be used have to be logically linked to two tables. Fields like “Comment”, “Remark” and “Description” can still pertain in some tables without being linked and thus couldn’t use them as keys.
- Data like “Date”, “Company” and “Name” can pertain in some tables and can have same values with various (Order Date/Shipping Date, Customer organization/Supplying Organization). In related cases, these cannot be used as keys.
- Need to note that redundant fields are not being used- as only essential fields connect. If for example, a date when used as key, ensure that it doesn’t load year, month or day_of_month of similar date of more than 1 internal table
- When essential, from own primary keys, characteristically using string concatenation under a function of AutoNumber script.
Qlik sense has strings, dates, numbers, times and currencies only. They can be done in different ways for calculation purposes. This means the above parameters such as date, time can be added or subtracted from each other.
Publishing a sheet helps for viewing in other users also.
Note: Sheets can be published only with the already published app.
- click to view the sheets in the app overview.
- Right click/ long touch the sheet you want to publish and select publish.
- Publish sheet dialog appears and press Publish.
The sheets have been published and moved automatically from My sheets to Published by me.
Other users of the app will be able to view it in the community section.
- Creating apps and sharing the apps using cloud
- From this hub we can view or invite users to follow the apps, monitor them. Also, you can generate links to share the content or visualization in the apps.
- When logged in, the browser is divided into 3 parts, workspace area, tab panel and toolbar.
- The architecture is based on site concepts. It is a combination of one or more node connected to a common repository or central node.
Qlik sense is deployed in many ways
Deploying single node sites:
In this, all the qlik sense services run on a single node.
When there is single time zone, this kind of deployment works.
Deploying multi-node sites:
The site is spread out across two or more nodes which contributes the exact set of info and license key.
The basic steps for deploying multimode sites are:
- Install the primary node and this becomes the central node, which contains all apps that are needed.
- Install additional node as rim node.
- In QMC(Qlik management Console) on the central node, add the new node to the site.
- Before testing new node, until the first sync.
- Similarly, add additional nodes, one at a time, until the multimode site is complete.