This Qlik sense Interview Questions blog is categorized into the following three parts:
1. Basic Qlik sense Interview Questions
2. Intermediate Qlik sense Interview Questions
3. Advanced Qlik sense Interview Questions
Checkout this Qlik Sense Tutorial for Beginners:
Basic Interview Questions
1. Explain briefly about Qlik Sense?
- Self Service data visualization application that empowers you to search and explore vast amounts of data to discover insights into the organization. It uses analytics and the discovery of data. With Qlik Sense, a company can create elastic, interactive visualizations and make meaningful decisions.
- It is fast and easy.
- Redefines how you access, create and share insight
- Faster time to gain insight on anyone, anytime, anywhere, and on any device.
2. How to manage data in the app with the data manager?
The data manager is managing and adding data from various sources or from the data market of Qlik which is visible in apps too. Whether you added them to add data or loaded using scripts. Each table is displayed using table name, data field, and source.
3. How to add a new Data Table?
Either you can add a data table from the data manager or through various data sources
- By connections: Select from data connections that were earlier defined by the user or administrator and folders from where it is selected.
- Connect my Data: Select from a new data source such as ODBC or OLE, connectors, web files, or data files.
- Qlikdatamarket: Select from the public or normalized commercial databases.
- Attaching a file: Upload a file from a computer or through an app.
4. What are Qlik Sense Charts?
Qlik Sense Charts is another software as a service (SaaS) offering from Qlik which allows Qlik Sense visualizations to be easily shared on websites and social media. Charts have limited interaction and allow users to explore and discover.
5. What is the Datatypes Qlik Sense?
Qlik Sense has strings, dates, numbers, times, and currencies only. They can be done in different ways for calculation purposes. This means the above parameters such as date and time can be added or subtracted from each other.
6. Explain the Associative Data Model of Qlik Sense.
This model includes the association of data tables, which helps in forming links between data values and fields. Users can also get to be interactive with this model.
7. What is the QIX engine?
QIX engine is often called the primary interactive engine of QlikSense. It performs functions like speed searching, indexing in-memory data, scheduling applications, etc.
8. What is the QlikSense Hub?
Qlik Sense Hub lets users perform various tasks on data like designing and visualizing it. It is reinforced with different functions like visualization ranges, KPIs, data model association, etc.
9. What is the function of QSS?
QSS or QlikSense Scheduler helps schedule data loading and the reloading of apps.
10. What are the architectural components of Qlik Sense?
There are five essential components:
- QVF – Qlik Sense Applications
- QSR – Qlik Sense Respiratory
- QSS – Qlik Sense Scheduler
- QIX – Qlik Sense Engine
- QSP – Qlik Sense Proxy
11. What are Qlik Sense Streams?
Qlik Sense users design applications in a centralized hub. These applications are all part of streams. Authorized users analyze and share applications on streams.
12. How is histogram visualization important in Qlik Sense?
Histogram visualization, often known as a frequency plot, explores the dimensions of a point at particular intervals. This reveals the frequency of each bin and bar. This histogram visualization is helpful in analyzing an entity’s performance.
13. How does the visualization of text and images in Qlik Sense benefit users?
The visualization of text and images helps charts and tables that are used in QlikSense. With their help, users can add images, logos, hyperlinks, chart visuals, etc., because they are displayed on particular sheets with the relevant meanings.
14. Where are treemap charts used?
Treemaps are used when there’s a lot of data to show but very little space on the sheet. They save spaces on sheets. Color scheming and grading helps show the highs and lows of the situations and sheds light on how the product is doing and what strategies are working.
15. Why use Qlik Sense filter panes?
Filter panes are used to tell the story of a particular data set. As there is an association between the data fields and the values of the data table, it can be examined using proper filters.
16. How can you access a restricted file system in Qlik Sense?
You will have to enable the legacy mode and disable the standard mode. This may put the files at risk but you can access the restricted file system.
17. How will you edit the data table in Qlik Sense?
You will have to do this in the Data Manager by following the steps below:
- Choose the table you want to edit
- Click on Edit
- Add the field you want to add or Rename the existing field
- You can also delete the table by clicking on Delete
Intermediate Interview Questions
18. Compare QlikView & Qlik Sense
|Type of analytics
|Mobile discovery & exploration
|IT managed dashboard
|Quick visualization & sharing
19. Explain how Qlik Sense works?
Qlik Sense works by intelligently summarizing the vast amount of complex data, using a graph kind of search. After this, each Qlik instantly updates data. It has rich visual data insights that help in rules-based security and governance.
20. Differentiate between traditional and associative Index?
|Linear and pre-defined thinking
|Deep insight not followed
||All data, always visible
|Many days to change
||Minutes to change
21. How to connect Qlik Sense with R?
This is the simplest way to use R with Qlik: Enlarging R is the idea behind this, and transferring to a respective folder that Qlik Sense is gonna read and thus, loads the data. Initially, you need to download and install R, and after choosing analysis, mention on the prescribed script the place to store the results.
After this, to always run, you need to refresh your analysis, after creating a .exe file.
Thus code needs to be:"add path to R \R\add R VERSION(num.num)\bin\R.exe"
"add path to Intellipaatscript\Intellipaatscript.R"
"add path over hereIntellipaatreport\Intellipaatreport.txt"
22. Is there any ability to create, edit or augment apps in Qlik Sense Cloud?
The ability to create and edit apps is available to all users. Users can upload flat file data and connect to QlikDataMarket. Users can then create, edit and augment apps they own. Users cannot augment or edit apps created by other users.
23. What are synthetic keys under logical tables?
When two or more fields in a data table are in common this enables the composite key relationship. Qlik Sense makes it by providing synthetic keys automatically. The keys are anonymous keys that represent all occurring composite keys of the combination. However, multiple synthetic keys are often related to the wrong data model but not necessarily.
24. What are the four essential abilities of Qlik Sense?
- Storytelling and reporting of data
- Advanced geographic analysis
- Augmented visualization
- Associative model
25. Name the services that are managed by the Qlik Management Console.
- Data connectivity
- Application management
- Task management
- Administrative security
- Data monitoring
26. Explain the process of creating an application in Qlik Sense.
You can follow the steps below:
- Login with authorized credentials
- Give a name for the new app
- Add all the data required
- Choose file path
- Load the data
- Design visualization from data
- Fix the visualization in the dashboard
The app is now ready to use.
27. How is Qlik converter useful for Qlik Sense users?
The Qlik converter is useful in copying data load scripts from Qlik Sense. You can use it as a bridge between Qlik Sense and QlikView.
28. Name some important extensions we use in Qlik Sense.
- Picker data range
- Two-dimensional heatmap
- Sunburst quadrant of CVL
- Wheel chart dependency
29. What is the Qlik Sense collaboration feature?
The collaboration of data between users and apps is an important function in Qlik Sense. It helps in publishing apps in streams, storytelling of data, the printing of apps and sheets, etc.
30. How can you save a selection state for future use?
You need to make a bookmark to save a selection state if you want to use it in the future. You can make multiple bookmarks with different selections, titles, and descriptions.
31. What do you do if data tables are not showing in the data manager?
You need to go to the data manager and click on Load Data. With this, you can reload the data table and it will show in the data manager.
32. What is Qlik Sense map visualization?
Maps are useful in displaying data geographically. This data is related to the region, i.e, states, cities, countries, etc. This can be displayed using map visualization. There are different layers like area, line, etc. These layers help display data in a different manner.
33. Why is warehousing important?
The data warehousing process is based on the relational database management system. It lets the user source data from various sources, manage and organize it to create useful insights. It is an important step in managing large amounts of data.
34. Why is data warehousing important for BI tools?
Data warehousing is central to BI tools. BI tools use data warehousing to report queries, mine data, and analytics.
35. How do you manage records in an application via a fact supervisor?
The fact supervisor is used to copy facts from a random folder in the Qlik data market. When we manage records in an app through fact supervisor, it reveals all tables.
Advanced Interview Questions
36. How to create a Cyclic Group in Qlik Sense?
Setting up the basic setting which will be done for all solutions is mentioned here:
Sample Table Structure
Now we want to create a cyclic drill containing,
Loading info and creating in order load
load * inline
Branch, Branch Name
State, State Name
Location, Location Name
Once data is loaded there are 2 ways to view drill_below inFilter (available in sense app)
It is good but you wouldn’t be able to get the default value and multiple selections may be enabled. Although this works in a way where the client won’t care if the first load drill is visible and selected.
This helps in enabling multiple selections, which may suit our requirements.
We have drill selection ready now to link the chart to the Drill.
Thus, we have selected a drill to connect to the chart. It can be done in two ways:
- Use if condition
- Use Pick Match
There is a lag in the chart reloads, if the data is large. Thus, you have to take the following approach, which uses the function capabilities in size, and dimension:
Hence, create the measure as per requirements and mention the cyclic group.
37. What is the reason and cause for, when the SQL server is restarted, the data connection stops working?
When you create a data connection to the SQL server, the data connection may stop working when the SQL server is restarted. Qlik Sense loses connection to the SQL server and is unable to reconnect.
Upon restarting from the hub Qlik Sense works and also closing all apps and restarting the Qlik Sense desktop resolves the issue.
38. Is data encrypted on Qlik Sense Cloud?
Yes, the data is encrypted on Qlik Sense Cloud. Also, the credentials and data are encrypted ‘in flight’ (using SSL).
39. How to handle synthetic keys?
To avoid synthetic keys, there are ways to solve this in a data load script.
- Keys that are to be used have to be logically linked to two tables. Fields like “Comment”, “Remark” and “Description” can still pertain in some tables without being linked and thus, couldn’t use them as keys.
- Data like “Date”, “Company” and “Name” can pertain in some tables and can have the same values with various (Order Date/Shipping Date, Customer organization/Supplying Organization). In related cases, these cannot be used as keys.
- You need to make a note of the redundant fields that are not used to connect essential fields.
- When essential, from own primary keys, characteristically using string concatenation under a function of AutoNumber script.
40. How do you publish a sheet?
Publishing a sheet helps other users to view it as well.
Note: Sheets can be published only with the already published app.
- Click to view the sheets in the app overview.
- Right-click/long touch the sheet you want to publish and select publish.
- When the Publish sheet dialog appears, press Publish.
The sheets have been published and moved automatically from My sheets to Published by me.
Other users of the app will be able to view it in the community section.
41. What can be done in the Qlik Sense Cloud?
- Creating apps and sharing the apps using the cloud
- From this hub we can view or invite users to follow the apps, monitor them. Also, you can generate links to share the content or visualization in the apps.
- When logged in, the browser is divided into 3 parts, workspace area, tab panel, and toolbar.
42. How to deploy Qlik Sense?
The architecture is based on on-site concepts. It is a combination of one or more nodes connected to a common repository or central node.
Qlik Sense is deployed in many ways.
- Deploying single node sites: In this, all the Qlik Sense services run on a single node.
When there is a single time zone, this kind of deployment works.
- Deploying multi-node sites: The site is spread out across two or more nodes which contributes the exact set of info and license key.
The basic steps for deploying multimode sites are:
- Install the primary node and this becomes the central node, which contains all apps that are needed.
- Install additional nodes as rim nodes.
- In QMC(Qlik Management Console) on the central node, add the new node to the site.
- You have to sync the initial node, before testing the new ones.
- Similarly, add additional nodes, one at a time, until the multimode site is complete.
43. How do you add a new data table?
You can add a new data table using the data manager or by using different data sources.
- By connections: Choose data that was described by the administrator and selected folders.
- Connect my data: Choose data from data sources such as OLE, ODBC, data files, etc.
- Qlik data market: Choose data from commercial databases.
- Attach file: Choose data from an app or your computer.
44. What are the desktop operations of Qlik Sense?
- You may view the entire app in the App Overview
- You can edit applications from the App Overview
- You can view and edit individual sheets in the app from the Sheets Overview
- You can adjust and edit visualizations using the Edit Mode
- You can view and manage data tables using Data Manager
- You can add databases using Data Load Editor
- You can design and view stories using the Storytelling View
45. What is Qlikview Data?
It’s a respiratory file. It is used to speed reload. It is useful in loading incremental data.
46. How would you find memory reduction usage by a document?
- By splitting the fields
- Data time fields by dropping time
- Items of dropping redundant
47. How do you optimize stimulating data?
- By reducing joins
- By merging tables at runtime
- By designing a flat structure at the load time
48. What is the advantage of the scheming condition?
The scheming condition helps in restricting the available value of high control. It is also used in checking the efficiency of expression checking.
49. Why are variables important?
- Variables help in storing reusable code snippets
- Variables help estimate the global sense values
- Variables are used to manage the state of objects
50. What are the services managed by QMC?
- Application management
- Data connectivity
- Task management
- Security administration
- Data monitoring
- Work auditing
51. Why is QSS important?
Qlik Sense Scheduler helps in reloading apps and loading data that are managed and scheduled by QSS.
52. What do you think of the Trellis chart?
It is a chart grid. We can use it to make various charts in one dimension.