Hadoop is the new data warehouse. It is the new source of data within the enterprise. There is a premium on people who know enough about the guts of Hadoop to help companies take advantage of it – James Koibelus, Analyst at Forrester Research.
Big Data is everywhere and Big Data jobs are everywhere. Let’s leave the clichés behind and cut to the chase – a Hadoop professional can earn an average salary of $112,000 per year and in San Francisco the average salary can go up to $160,000. Now that we have your undivided attention let us delve into what exactly we mean by a Hadoop Professional and what are the roles and responsibilities of a Hadoop professional.
Learn Hadoop in 50 hrs. Download Ebook Now
Poor data quality costs US businesses up to $600 billion annually!
Kick-start Your Career in Big Data Hadoop with the Perfect Big Data Hadoop Training Course Now!
First a primer on some general skills expected from Hadoop Professionals
- Ability to work with huge volumes of data so as to derive Business Intelligence
- Analyze data, uncover information, derive insights and propose data-driven strategies
- A knowledge of OOP languages like Java, C++, Python is good to have
- Database theories, structures, categories, properties, and best practices
- A knowledge of installing, configuring, maintaining and securing Hadoop
- An analytical bent of mind and ability to learn-unlearn-relearn surely comes in handy
Global Big Data market to reach $122B in revenue by 2025!
What are the various Job Roles under the Hadoop domain?
- Hadoop Developer
- Hadoop Architect
- Hadoop Administrator
- Hadoop Tester
- Data Scientist
The US alone could face a shortage of 1.4 -1.9 million Big Data Analysts by 2018
Looking for Hadoop architect training all in 1 combo course? Look no further!
Hadoop Developer Roles and Responsibilities:
The primary job of a Hadoop Developer involves coding. They are basically software programmers but working in the Big Data Hadoop domain. They are adept at coming up with the design concepts that are used for creating extensive software applications. They are masters of computer procedural languages.
A professional Hadoop Developer can expect an average salary of $100,000 per annum.
This is what you can expect as part of your Hadoop Developer work routine:
- Knowledge of agile methodology for delivering software solutions
- Design, develop, document and architect Hadoop applications
- Work with Hadoop Log files to manage and monitor it
- Develop MapReduce coding that works seamlessly on Hadoop clusters
- Working knowledge of SQL, NoSQL, data warehousing & DBA
- Expertise in newer concepts like Apache Spark and Scala programming
- Complete knowledge of the Hadoop ecosystem and Hadoop Common
- Seamlessly convert hard-to-grasp technical requirements into outstanding designs
- Designing web services for swift data tracking and Querying data at high speeds
- Test software prototypes, propose standards and smoothly transfer it to operations
Most companies estimate they’re analyzing a mere 12% of the data they have!
We have the perfect Professional Big data Hadoop Developer Training Course for you!
Hadoop Architect Roles and Responsibilities:
A Hadoop Architect, as the name suggests, is the one entrusted with the tremendous responsibility of dictating where the organization will go in terms of Big Data Hadoop deployment. He is involved in planning, designing and strategizing the roadmap and decides how the organization moves forward.
This is what you can expect as part of your Hadoop Architect work routine:
- Hands-on experience in working with Hadoop Distribution platforms like HortonWorks, Cloudera, MapR and others
- Take end-to-end responsibility of the Hadoop Life Cycle in the organization
- Be the bridge between data scientists, engineers and the organizational needs
- Do in-depth requirement analysis and exclusively choose the work platform
- Full knowledge of Hadoop Architecture and HDFS is a must
- Working knowledge of MapReduce, HBase, Pig, Java and Hive
- Ensuring the chosen Hadoop solution is being deployed without any hindrance
75% of Companies Are Investing or Planning to Invest in Big Data by 2017 – Gartner
Hadoop Administrator Roles and Responsibilities:
The Hadoop Administrator is also a very prominent role as he is responsible for ensuring there is no roadblock to the smooth functioning of Hadoop framework. The roles and responsibilities resemble that of a System Administrator. A complete knowledge of the hardware ecosystem and Hadoop Architecture is critical.
A Certified Hadoop Administrator can expect an average salary of $123,000 per year
This is what you can expect as part of your Hadoop Administrator work routine:
- Manage and maintain the Hadoop clusters for uninterrupted job
- Routine check-up, back-up and monitoring of the entire system
- Ensuring the connectivity and network is always up and running
- Planning for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises
- Managing the HDFS and ensuring it is working optimally at all times
- Securing the Hadoop cluster in a foolproof manner is paramount
- Regulating the administration rights depending on job profile of users
- Adding new users over time and discarding redundant users smoothly
- Full knowledge of HBase for efficient Hadoop Administration
- Proficiency in Linux scripting and also in Hive, Oozie and HCatalog
For a Fortune 1000 company, a 10% increase in data accessibility can result in $65 million additional income!
Get the in-depth job-oriented Hadoop Administrator Training Course right now!
Hadoop Tester Roles and Responsibilities:
The job of the Hadoop Tester has become extremely critical since today Hadoop networks are getting bigger and more complex with each passing day. This poses some new problems when it comes to viability, security and ensuring everything works smoothly without any bugs or issues. The Hadoop Tester is primarily responsible for troubleshooting the Hadoop Applications and rectifying any problem that he discovers at the earliest before it becomes seriously threatening.
An expert Hadoop Testing Professional can earn a salary of up to $132,000 per annum
This is what you can expect as part of your Hadoop Tester work routine:
- Construct and deploy both positive and negative test cases
- Discover, document and report bugs and performance issues
- Ensure the MaReduce jobs are running at peak performance
- Constituent Hadoop scripts like HiveQL, Pig Latin are all robust
- Expert knowledge of Java to efficiently do the MapReduce testing
- Understanding of MRUnit, JUnit Testing frameworks is essential
- Full proficiency in Apache Pig and Hive is required
- Able to work with Selenium Testing Automation tool
- Able to come up with contingency plans in case of breakdown
Become a Professional Hadoop Tester with this complete Hadoop Testing Training Course!
Data Scientist Roles and Responsibilities:
Data Scientist is a much sought-after role in the market today and there aren’t enough qualified professionals to take up the high-paying jobs that enterprises are ready to offer. So what makes a Data Scientist such a hot commodity in the jobs market? Well a part of the allure lies in the fact that a Data Scientist wears multiple hats over the course of a typical day at the office. He is part scientist, part artist and part magician!
The average Data Scientist Salary is $123,000 per annum
Get the most Professional Data Scientist Training Course for a Stellar Career now!
At the moment less than 0.5% of all data is ever analyzed and used!
This is what you can expect as part of your Data Scientist work routine:
- Data Scientists are basically Data Analysts with wider responsibilities
- Complete mastery of different techniques of analyzing data
- Expect to solve real business issues backed by solid data
- Tailor the data analytics pursuit to suit the specific business needs
- A strong grip of mathematics and statistics is expected
- Keeping the big picture in mind at all times to know what needs to be done
- Develop data mining architecture, data modeling standards and more
- An advanced knowledge of SQL, Hive and Pig is a must
- Ability to work with R, SPSS and SAS is hugely beneficial
- Ability to reason, corroborate actions with data and insights
- Creative ability to do things that can work wonders for the business
- Top-notch communication skills to take everybody onboard in the organization.
Check more at Intellipaat now to get ahead in the Big Data Hadoop Profession!